Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:21 pm 

Hi,I live in Montreal,I plan to buy an air rifle, but I don't know where to play it safely and legally. Can I just go to a place such as the river side or forest, and shoot some targets,like a can,a bottle?
thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:09 pm 

yalem wrote:
Hi,I live in Montreal,I plan to buy an air rifle, but I don't know where to play it safely and legally. Can I just go to a place such as the river side or forest, and shoot some targets,like a can,a bottle?
thanks.

NO - you could get into big trouble by shooting any air gun in a place where people might go.

They could call the Police/RCMP on you and you could find yourself being faced with bunch of men with real guns taking you down and possibly to jail.

Use your air rifle in a safe place - such as in your basement or at an approved range.

HTH

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:59 am 

wllm995 wrote:
yalem wrote:
thanks.

NO - you could get into big trouble by shooting any air gun in a place where people might go.

They could call the Police/RCMP on you and you could find yourself being faced with bunch of men with real guns taking you down and possibly to jail.

Use your air rifle in a safe place - such as in your basement or at an approved range.

HTH

--------
thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:04 am 

yalem wrote:
thanks.

Hi Yalem,

I'm also in Montreal. What part of the city are you in? If Pointe Claire is not too far out of the way for you, we've got a great club there... Pointe Claire Rifle Club, and Tuesday nights are airgun (both rifle and pistol) nights. Someone is welcome to attend one night for free, and there are several guns you'd be allowed to try. Plus there are many knowledgeable and helpful (and welcoming) members there. I'm a relatively new member there myself but it's a terrific club! After that free night, if you want to join, the cost is $140 per year, which includes membership in the Quebec shooting federation for purposes of insurance.

And just in case you are unaware, without a license you can buy an air rifle as long as it shoots less than 500 fps and 4.2 fpe. Anything over that and you'll need a PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) which involves taking a course and passing a test.

It is difficult to find outdoor places to shoot, unless perhaps you live in the suburbs and have a large property.

Let me know if I can be of any help...

Eldor

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:06 am 

Well done, Eldor.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:47 am 

I have an indoor 10m range set up in rec room. Totally safe. Now municipal bylaws might state that no discharging of a firearm within city limits....so there is a grey area.

If you live near city boundry and have permission to go on a rural property to shoot...that might be an option as well. Just remember that even if you are shooting a sub 500fps gun, visually law enforcement and/or general public dont know that. i.e. a situation can escalate quickly that you dont want to be a part of.

Gun range that allows pellet guns is a good safe option as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:33 pm 

Mtl_Biker wrote:
yalem wrote:
thanks.

Hi Yalem,

I'm also in Montreal. What part of the city are you in? If Pointe Claire is not too far out of the way for you, we've got a great club there... Pointe Claire Rifle Club, and Tuesday nights are airgun (both rifle and pistol) nights. Someone is welcome to attend one night for free, and there are several guns you'd be allowed to try. Plus there are many knowledgeable and helpful (and welcoming) members there. I'm a relatively new member there myself but it's a terrific club! After that free night, if you want to join, the cost is $140 per year, which includes membership in the Quebec shooting federation for purposes of insurance.

And just in case you are unaware, without a license you can buy an air rifle as long as it shoots less than 500 fps and 4.2 fpe. Anything over that and you'll need a PAL (Possession and Acquisition License) which involves taking a course and passing a test.

It is difficult to find outdoor places to shoot, unless perhaps you live in the suburbs and have a large property.

Let me know if I can be of any help...

Eldor

——————
Hi,thank you,Eldor, I live in st Laurent, can you give me the website of the club?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:25 am 

Isn't there a airgun/airsoft only indoor range in Montreal?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:14 am 

leadslinger wrote:
Isn't there a airgun/airsoft only indoor range in Montreal?

There is such a thing but when I checked about 10 months ago, it was quite expensive and if I'm not mistaken, you couldn't bring your own rifle to it. The PCRC is the least expensive option I found in the Montreal area and it's actually quite a good (and competitive) club.

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:15 pm 

I'm also in searching for a place/club to practice airguns shooting. I found an airgun center in montreal called "tir du soleil". They're located on queen-mary. Only open daytime. It look like a family recreational place , they're doing anniversary parties and corporate group also.. You pay $25/hr and they provide a riffle and a gun to play with. You can bring your own gun but they ask pellet only. BB are not allowed. they don't have package for that, so you pay the full price wich included a gun and a riffle. i'll try them this winter...

here's is their website : http://tirdusoleil.com/

Also found "Salle de tir Gerald Tousignan" on jarry E. near langelier. $85 for annual membership but the gun you bring needs to be approved by them. And they only accept match grade pistol or riffle. No replica airguns...They told me i can rent a match grade pistol from them. They're open only 3 evening/week monday/wednesday and thursday from 18:00 to 21:00.

Now by reading this post i found the Pointe-Claire riffle club and tuesday evening are reserved for airguns and air riffles

any other place in surrounding montreal for airgun shooting... ?

Crosman vigilante
Beeman P17
KWC Beretta M92 Full auto
Walther SG9000 with red dot sight
Umarex Makarov Ultra
Umarex Legend C96 Mauser
KWC Luger P08 Blowback

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 pm 

tornade wrote:
I'm also in searching for a place/club to practice airguns shooting. I found an airgun center in montreal called "tir du soleil". They're located on queen-mary. Only open daytime. It look like a family recreational place , they're doing anniversary parties and corporate group also.. You pay $25/hr and they provide a riffle and a gun to play with. You can bring your own gun but they ask pellet only. BB are not allowed. they don't have package for that, so you pay the full price wich included a gun and a riffle. i'll try them this winter...

here's is their website : http://tirdusoleil.com/

We could have a little CAF meeting there? I'm on Mtl South Shore and would love to bring a few rifles and shoot with you guys!

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun