Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:01 pm 

I'm giving a Surge to a younger shooter (with Dads permission) but the synthetic stock is a bit heavy. Since the Surge is a copy of the Airhawk (I think)? would the Surge action drop in to the Airhawk wooden stock? Trigger guard looks different.

Yes, I know, I could have just bought the kid the Ruger for $99.00 at Wally :)

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:36 pm 

Yes, it'll drop right in. The Surge and Airhawk/Blackhawk have the same receiver tube dimensions. However, be aware that the receiver/barrel assy. are quite heavy by themselves, so you may end up with a rifle that feels ''front heavy''. Also, don't forget to put blue LocTite on the stock screws when you put it back together. The trigger guard won't be a problem, both rifles have the same trigger group (T05 clone).

Hope it helps!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:15 am 

airmec wrote:
Yes, it'll drop right in. The Surge and Airhawk/Blackhawk have the same receiver tube dimensions. However, be aware that the receiver/barrel assy. are quite heavy by themselves, so you may end up with a rifle that feels ''front heavy''. Also, don't forget to put blue LocTite on the stock screws when you put it back together. The trigger guard won't be a problem, both rifles have the same trigger group (T05 clone).

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the info. Funny enough I ordered one a couple hours ago :)....$99.00 plus tax and free shipping.

Your sig describes things for me as well, but the plan was to take the barrel down, re-crown, shorten the wood stock for him too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:54 am 

Good deal! And since those rifles are Diana 34 clones, there are many readily available parts and ways you can improve them: springs, pistons and seals swap, trigger work, etc. I must add that I love my Surge and Blackhawk, I tuned them, and they're keepers! The young lad will have a good start in airgunning for sure!
Don't know if you know him, but this guy provides parts and service for Umarex products: http://randrairgunrepair.com/home.html . I saw only good comments on him :wink:

Cheers!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:36 am 

airmec wrote:
Good deal! And since those rifles are Diana 34 clones, there are many readily available parts and ways you can improve them: springs, pistons and seals swap, trigger work, etc. I must add that I love my Surge and Blackhawk, I tuned them, and they're keepers! The young lad will have a good start in airgunning for sure!
Don't know if you know him, but this guy provides parts and service for Umarex products: http://randrairgunrepair.com/home.html . I saw only good comments on him :wink:

Cheers!

Thats Rob!! :)

Last time I ordered from him, he totaled everything up but I did not see shipping, so to make sure I covered it (and then some), added some money....he put 20 bucks in the package and said I paid too much for shipping :)