Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 2:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:03 am 

Reaper wrote:
It will cost more then $500 but you can definitely make a Bigbore
Air Rifle or pistol. Sub 500 fps is fun in Bigbore. It's like
Magnum plinking. Huge power to be had in the same size package.
add casting your own bullets and pumping your air into the mix
And you got a hobby. Bigbore is the way to go in my opinion,
But it's not where I would start, but it sure is worth it with every trigger pull

Reaper

Thx Reaper for the encouragement....so what do you have and recommend for bigbore nonPAL over $500?
Thx Dag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:47 am 

dag333 wrote:
Thx Reaper for the encouragement....so what do you have and recommend for bigbore nonPAL over $500?
Thx Dag

topic69998.html

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:09 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
dag333 wrote:
Thx Dag

topic69998.html

Thx Reaper,
That's an amazing big caliber airgun... any way I could get the 80/20 rule to fab up a simpler version 2 of your airgun? Possibly in .25, 9mm or .45 caliber...to simplify getting ammo?
Any words of wisdom....
Regards Dag

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:55 pm 

Hadn't heard of the 80/20 rule, or Pareto Principle, before seeing it here. Interesting. Merits further readings I think. But when dealing with high pressure air, you really don't want any weak points in the system. Everything needs to be built as solidly as everything else, or the risk of leaks at least and catastrophic, explosive failure at worst becomes much higher. If you're going to get into PCP stuff, take pressure seriously. No fun having a grenade in your hand and not knowing if/when it might go off.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:01 am 

GerardSamija wrote:
Hadn't heard of the 80/20 rule, or Pareto Principle, before seeing it here. Interesting. Merits further readings I think. But when dealing with high pressure air, you really don't want any weak points in the system. Everything needs to be built as solidly as everything else, or the risk of leaks at least and catastrophic, explosive failure at worst becomes much higher. If you're going to get into PCP stuff, take pressure seriously. No fun having a grenade in your hand and not knowing if/when it might go off.

Thx for good advice. I would also never want to compromise safety, but weight and looks can be secondary to achieve hopefully a better than 80% results, while only spending around 20% the typical amount.
Regards Dag

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:09 am 

lleader wrote:
If you could get an air pistol to launch a cannonball, if it did so at under 500fps it would be legal.

As an aside, you could buy a cannon to launch a cannonball, at any achievable velocity (speed? :wink: ), without a PAL and it would be legal.

Where you would fire it would need some consideration, though. Not for the basement shooter.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:14 pm 

Don't laugh at the cannon thing... a few years (OK, decades) back, I was out shooting in Vermont when some guy and his son show up at the range with some sort of black powder field artillery piece :shock:

He was "upset" about some silly ATF rules, so he was out enjoying his cannon... since it didn't fall in the "firearm" category...
It was pretty amusing to see him hurl concrete-filled beer can at a 6' target about 200yards away.
(I just kept my distance in case it blew-up)

-

Back on topic

This thing will toss a 27grs sponge grenade at just a little less than 500 fps...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:11 pm 

That's a cool nonPAL sponge cannon...please more details and a web link...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:38 pm 

It's under the 'cannons' link on their home page:
http://www.cadexinc.com/

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:24 pm 

GerardSamija wrote:
It's under the 'cannons' link on their home page:
http://www.cadexinc.com/

Thx for the link...I'm afraid to ask the price...likely in the thousand's?
Dag

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:08 am 

Cannons are fun! Here's my brother and Hatchet Jack aligning the gun with the bullseye on the target. Funny thing is I have no pics of firing it!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:21 am 

If you're into canon's and hunting.... you've got to read this
http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:36 am 

sillymike wrote:
If you're into canon's and hunting.... you've got to read this
http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

Cool site...Mr Howitzer....

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:23 pm 

LOL - only 6 .69 hits to kill that little deer. It only takes one .69 to kill a moose~! that was a good story. Buckstix, if the same guy, is a member of nitroexpress.com forum - nice guy - really.