Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Diana 34/Ruger Airhawk.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:09 pm 

Hello I got a question. Full power models are the transfer port on a 45 degree angle?

I'm a crosman person, this is my first Ruger and I noticed this.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:24 am 

At an angle for sure, not 45 tho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:41 am 

Voltar1 wrote:
At an angle for sure, not 45 tho

Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:25 pm 

The Diana and clones are all like that as far as I've seen. Apparently the idea was to get the air from the center, but I can't say if it helps or not. The port dia of the ones I measured were ~.157 to .162", which may have been a 4mm bit with varying dia depending on how rough they were drilling it? Or maybe they use 4.1mm randomly? They were that size in Diana 34/350 and clones, which imo is ok for a 350 but too big for a 34 so I suppose one day I may try making it smaller to see what happens.
I don't have any 500fps guns so did you see how they dropped the power? I was guessing a longer trigger catch shaft in the piston and maybe lighter spring? Are you going to mod it to full power and/or tune it at all? If so I'd consider smoothing the port, and I like to bevel the inside edge to hopefully help flow. Straight ports are pretty easy, but the angled not so much. I just lightly bevel the lower edge and get more aggressive as I get to the top. How much is ideal I have no idea so I just do what seems like a good idea.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:44 pm 

Figured the problem. They sent me the wrong spring. The coil wire thickness was the same as the factory just 5 coils longer. New one is being sent with thicker coil wire and longer.

I guess from umerex that angle is normal.