Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:39 pm 

Plink-Panther wrote:
Hello gang - well I'm back and I want the most accurate .22 cal that Canadian Tire has to offer... :roll:

Welcome back! Glad you found your way back to the hobby!
Accuracy is still a crap shoot with all things Crosman. Pellet testing is still crucial to accuracy, and springers are their own shooting challenge.
If you're gonna buy it from CT, have you gone down and fondled them all yet? On one of them, the ergo's are gonna help you make your decision.
I have a Phantom that I bought because of positive reviews and coincidental sale, and I like everything about the gun, but the ergonomics.
LOP and trigger reach are all way out of my comfort zone. I haven't glassed this gun, but if I did, comb height would be off as well. . .

I think any of the guns you've listed could potentially be "the one". Which one winds your watch?

Springs break, Nitrogen leaks, Seals get nicked at install. However, You have a very reasonable chance of getting a fine working example of whichever one you chose. . .
And with your connections at CT, you should make out alright in the event, that the first one outta the box is a dud. . . .

They all have their pro's and con's. . .
Composite stock makes for a nice bush/trunk gun - less aesthetic to worry about in use. But the Plastic sleeve on the barrel can show wear sooner than bare blued steel. . .
Much to consider. . . All of them should be reasonably easy to shoot; they're all weighty platforms, in a detuned format.

Can't wait to hear which you choose. . . . :wink:
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:48 am 

Plink-Panther wrote:
Thanks for the welcome ~
I do not have a PAL and likely not interested.
I am 'mainly' focused on C Tire because of the ease if I want to return it. I also worked in the Sport department in 2015 and know the manager and main firearms dude.

The CT here has a strict 'no returns on guns' policy. You'd have to send it out to be repaired if necessary. But if you have a friend working there...............

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:00 am 

Greetings Plink-Panther
Is there a chance that you can buy from another local sporting goods store in your area other than Canadian Tire?

Myself I have purchased a few air rifles from Canadian Tire but only when they are on sale. Actually I never buy locally unless the airgun is on sale, I guess I am just that cheap.

Other than Canadian Tire I have bought from Cabella's, local pawn shops, online Canadian airgun sites, Facebook For Sale Ads and from forum members.
My first serious purchase was a Benjamin Trail All Weather NP from D&L Aiguns;
https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/

I liked the Benjamin so much that I've bought a Benjamin Classic too, spring powered with a wooden stock.
My Crosman Phantom, also in .22 cal, is also one of my favorites.
Warning: the Benjamin's and Crosman's have poor triggers but there are mods available for improvement.

Y'know some stores like Canadian Tire will do price matching. Approach the store manager with an ad of an identical air rifle and they sometimes will match the price.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:18 pm 

Bought the Legacy :o

First impression? It took me a number of minutes to cock it... seemed stuck and finally was able to... if it does not get easier, back it goes.

Once loose the actual cocking is easy.

Fired two Premiere pointed through it just to see that it would shoot.

Will dial-in the scope this weekend, can't really shoot it before then :x

(The Trail rifle felt good ergonomically but too heavy for my liking... if CT had the wood-stock option, I would likely have it)

Stay Tuned... 8)

EOS 7D mk2 / 15-85 / Sigma 150-600 / etc., etc.,

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:03 pm 

From actual experience i am never ever touching a crosman or benji break barrel.... They are just crap and inaccurate.... Im alo surprise no one mentioned the 1322 or 1377.... Way cheaper and way more accurate than any of the break barrels they sell

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:03 pm 

Plink-Panther wrote:
Bought the Legacy :o

Awesome! The adjustability of the comb is going to be a very nice feature. Looking forward to your shooting impressions. . .

trickster2000 wrote:
. From actual experience i am never ever touching a crosman or benji break barrel.... They are just crap and inaccurate.... Im alo surprise no one mentioned the 1322 or 1377.... Way cheaper and way more accurate than any of the break barrels they sell.

Umm, yea. Right. Sure. . . :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:31 pm 

The Legacy is on clearance for $249, btw

EOS 7D mk2 / 15-85 / Sigma 150-600 / etc., etc.,

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:56 pm 

Nice gun and price! Looks like a fun weekend ahead!

CT from store to store have limited stock. Never had the Legacy in this area for a while now, and I've rarely spotted any other Benjamins at my local store or area. They are usually well stocked with Stoegers though.

Enjoy!