Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:05 pm 

Plz plz plz some one help buy one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:51 pm 

Gambeller wrote:

Sorry, I don't even lend money to new members who have read the rules and posted an intro. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:34 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Gambeller wrote:

Sorry, I don't even lend money to new members who have read the rules and posted an intro. :mrgreen:

An intro is a requirement? Not a horrible thing to refresh ones memory on "the rules" from time to time. :wink:

Quote:
1 Political, religious, ideological posts are not allowed.
2 While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters), insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.
3 Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum, email and private message systems to spam other members.
4 Please wait 7 days before bumping posts.
5 We also do not allow posts or links to sites that are sexual in nature or violate CAF community standards. The CAF team shall be the sole arbitrator of what does and what does not violate community standards.
6 Discussion of illegal activities such as piracy, illegal modifications of airguns & violation of firearms laws are not allowed.
7 Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.
8 We will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
9 We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.
10 Posts discussing moderator actions are also not allowed.
11. If you have a complaint about a moderator, please PM the admin or another moderator. IF POSTING ABOUT IT ON THE OPEN FORUM. IT WILL BE REMOVED.......
12. Dealer Advertising on the forum is allowed but spamming links without contributing to the forum is a big no-no. Spamming links & posting many times in a row without permission is also not allowed. You may not advertise on the forum without first asking permission from the site administrator.

Al

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:26 pm 

Edmonton<500 wrote:
Gambeller wrote:

i am not asking for any one to lend me money I have cash awaiting to buy one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:30 pm 

Gambeller wrote:

And exactly why is it soooooooo important for you to buy that particular one?

:?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:00 pm 

I just like the look of it plus it's a springer which I prefer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:01 pm 

Do u know anyone wanting to sell one plz help me source one

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:07 pm 

Gambeller wrote:
Edmonton<500 wrote:
Gambeller wrote:

i am not asking for any one to lend me money I have cash awaiting to buy one

My post was intended as humour. What possible help could we give you other than offering you a place to post a "Wanted" item (That would be in the Wanted forum). Your whining post sounds like you are a teenager looking for a gun you cannot have. This is a PAL-rated gun that has not, as far as I know, made it to Canada for you to purchase with a PAL, nor has it been detuned and offered in the Canadian market. I discovered that through the power of Google, but perhaps you are only familiar with Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:15 pm 

Thanks for you humble comments

Not sure about it being PAL rated Airrifle it only shoots @ 600fps from my understanding
My local gun dealer told me it was not available in the uk hence why I tried here

But thnx anyways

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:18 pm 

Gambeller wrote:
Thanks for you humble comments

Not sure about it being PAL rated Airrifle it only shoots @ 600fps from my understanding
My local gun dealer told me it was not available in the uk hence why I tried here

But thnx anyways

FYI:

Any rifle OVER 500 fps is PAL rated.

BTW - Where exactly are you located?

:?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:50 pm 

U.K.

London

Here in U.K. 1000fpc is all good with the uk law

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:06 pm 

Don't know what an "fpc " might be, but if you're saying feet per second and just spelling fps incorrectly, then no. According to UK law a rifle must deliver less than 12fpe at the muzzle else the owner requires a firearms license. If that rifle model shoots a 14gr pellet at 600fps, then it is delivering about 11.19fpe, and as such is perfectly legal. At 1000fps it would be FAR over the limit and require an FAC.

As for availability ... nah. Apparently it is long since out of production. Read paddyfritz's post down this page where he explains that quality control was terrible and so they gave up on the model:

topic57921.html

Someone might sell you one used, but given the difficulty involved in shipping overseas and the cheapness of the rifle, it scarcely seems likely. You'd have more luck posting a wanted ad on airgunbbs or similar, something local to you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:09 pm 

Many thanks
For your time and help
Much appreciated

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:12 pm 

Sorry dam auto spell I did mean FPS

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:41 pm 

Unless you want one for collection purposes, I would say the difficulty in getting one now would not be worthwhile. The supply of defective ones needing repair dried up about 3 years ago. Mike at Flying Dragon had a big pile of leftover stocks, which he ended up burning for heat in his shop 1-2 years ago. If you really want one, try on the yellow or american airgun classified.
If I.B. rated them at 600 they were being very optimistic. I would expect more like 480, unless its been worked on.
You cant get too much out of them due to the transfer port. If you over spring them, you may break sear/trigger parts which you would need to fab up to replace. Over springing them will also turn an already harsh gun into something that will rattle your fillings out.