Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Browning Leverage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:31 am 

Hey guys just wanted some info on a gun I haven't seen mentioned on the forum before. My father just gave this to me as an early wedding present and it has a stated 1000 fps muzzle velocity in the .177 model. As we all know the velocity likely isn't that high for a side leaver spring piston but I can't find chrome data for it anywhere! Thanks very much!

Ps. I have my R-pal and am aware that 500+ is PAL rated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Browning Leverage
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:50 am 

colinsnowwright wrote:
Hey guys just wanted some info on a gun I haven't seen mentioned on the forum before. My father just gave this to me as an early wedding present and it has a stated 1000 fps muzzle velocity in the .177 model. As we all know the velocity likely isn't that high for a side leaver spring piston but I can't find chrome data for it anywhere! Thanks very much!

I have one. iirc it was under 800 depending on pellet. It never got a chance to break in though. I swapped a weaker spring (left piston alone) and the thing shoots so softly and quietly you wouldn't believe it. Noise level was like a cough and recoil was nothing as its a heavy gun.

Sigh, I really have to get another chronograph :(

Still have it around somewhere but the spring swap took it under 500fps so I kind of lost track of it. I remember the spring that came out was one HELL of a long spring.

It is a copy of something else, but maybe someone more knowledgeable than me could chime in as I forget what it is a copy of.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:50 pm 

Thanks very much! I'll keep looking

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:25 pm 

The Browning Leverage ans Xisico XS46U are the same rifles, and they're under lever, not side lever cocking.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:15 pm 

colinsnowwright wrote:

Edit** under leaver spring piston! Haha wrote this on 1 hour of sleep

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:39 pm 

....Kind of an odd "wedding" present........Something for you both to share ? .....If it is , that's great !

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:29 am 

thumper wrote:
....Kind of an odd "wedding" present........Something for you both to share ? .....If it is , that's great !

I suppose it's better than four toasters :wink: