Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:59 pm 

Does anyone know if B18-00-4D is the correct part number for the high powered spring to drop into the Crosman Phantom 500? And is it in fact all I need ? Same top hat,etc? thanks :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:36 pm 

Yup, make sure your PAL is up to date.
I am getting 730-740 fps with .22 CP Ultra Mags, altho I haven't chrony'd in a while.
As long as you don't have the hole in your piston, this will work.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:46 pm 

offroad720 wrote:
Yup, make sure your PAL is up to date.
I am getting 730-740 fps with .22 CP Ultra Mags, altho I haven't chrony'd in a while.
As long as you don't have the hole in your piston, this will work.

Just drops right in, cool. Short piston with no hole. Should I put an extra shim behind the spring, for extra fps or isn't there room for it? Might as well find out now instead of trial and error.thanks

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:54 pm 

I haven't had the need myself, I found that this was putting out enough ft-lbs for what I want, this is not my plinker just my hunter.
If you try let me know. If not, perhaps over the winter I will give it a try and let you know.. my whole life is trial and error :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:01 pm 

Over 700 with a .22 can be deemed to be a well mannered magnum of sorts.

The various over 500fps HW's and RWS springers run in the 620fps to 680fps range with most .22 pellets - producing in the 15fpe range.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:14 pm 

Most recent chrony results for H&N Baracuda 21.1 grain was 635 fps, I was impressed.. somewhere in the area of 18fpe. Dieseling was minimal after the new parts and is very settled, no harsh twang at all. Something in my trial and error paid off.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:19 pm 

Actually Its a .177 so it will be interesting to see what fps it shoots, and HOW it shoots.I have a milk carton .of 7.4 grain CP's.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 5:35 pm 

I would guess somewhere in the 850 fps region. I tried for the hell of it with a Hobby 11.9 and it was over 800fps.
As for HOW, just follow the right steps in reassembly, and those puppies should be flying pretty nice