Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Buying from oshoot.ca
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:33 pm 

Anybody order/bought airguns from oshoot.ca ?I try to buy the Daisy Powerline 415 BB Pistol
But he said that i need a PAL licence to buy it.... I think that guy doesn't know what he's talking about...
That's a BB co2 pistol 495 FPS
Pyramydair ships it to Canada. Amazon.ca, cabela.ca, camouflage.ca, herooutdoors.com, gorillasurplus.com all of them sell the Daisy Powerline 415 without asking for a PAL licence.
I think oshoot.ca are wrong for asking a PAL licence to buy the Daisy Powerline 415
I already pay for it, & 1 week later he told me that i need a PAL licence to buy this Daisy 415
I ask him 3 times for a refund & he refuse...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:40 pm 

NO license of any kind is needed to buy or own or use the 415!

IF you did need a license - it would be an R-PAL one; NOT just a PAL.

So he is WRONG on 2 counts!

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:48 pm 

Why is this post duplicated?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:06 am 

Edmonton>500, because i want to make sure that i'm right, before i take action against him. I'm new to airgun, i need some opinions...
Sorry that i duplicate the post....
Rejean, Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:11 am 

Clearly they don't know the rules.

topic43029.html

Simple, Shop else wheres.

Also a over 500 FPS air pistol would be a restricted firearm.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:58 am 

Quote:
These are air guns with both a high muzzle velocity (greater than 152.4 meters or 500 feet per second) and a high muzzle energy (greater than 5.7 joules or 4.2 foot-pounds). The “muzzle velocity” is the speed of a projectile at the instant it leaves the muzzle of a gun, normally expressed in metres per second or feet per second. The “muzzle energy” is the energy of a projectile at the instant it leaves the muzzle of a gun, expressed in joules or foot-pounds. Air guns need to meet both standards to be classified as firearms for purposes of the Firearms Act.

These high-powered air guns are subject to the same licence and registration requirements as a conventional firearm

Actually - a steel BB pistol CAN shoot over 500 fps and still NOT fall under this category...

As it must meet BOTH requirements - a 5.1 grain steel BB shooting at up to 600 fps (and even a bit more ) and it would still be UNDER the 5.7 joules energy limit.

Mind you - good luck finding ANY Seller who will ship you a steel BB pistol that is rated over 500 fps - even though legally it would be just fine...

FWIW

8)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:37 pm 

I finally got a refund from oshoot.ca
Please delete this post