Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Posting Photos
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:26 pm 

Hi,
I recently tried to post some photos but was unsuccessful.
What is the best method? I can't seem to attach more than three...
Do most of you use image hosting (ie. Photobucket)? If so, how do you use it, are there costs, etc.?
Any information would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: Posting Photos
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:24 am 

There is no cost for basic use of Photobucket, Flikr, Picasa, etcetera. However I've found such services to be less than completely reliable, with photos disappearing at times. Still, they mostly work. I prefer to host image files on my own site server but most folks don't do that. I like to know they're going to remain in place on whatever forum unless I remove them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:38 pm 

Thanks Gerard.
I've heard that Photobucket, etc. often suffer from disappearing photos...
Is it possible to post photos directly to the forum? Is there a size limit?
Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:49 pm 

Scroll down a little. There's a dialogue where you can browse to a file on your computer and post that. A button called 'browse.'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:39 pm 

Hi Gerard,
I think that's what I've been doing. I think...
Attachment:
3 max.png
3 max.png [ 91.28 KiB | Viewed 714 times ]

I used the "choose file" option but it only allows for a maximum of three attachments. I didn't see any other option (am I missing it...?)
Hope I'm not being a nuisance but I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something before going the Photobucket route.
Thanks

(ps-don't panic over the "content" of the screenshot - the subject of the intended post is chronographs, not fish.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:47 pm 

For reasons known to the person who set up this version of a PHPBB forum they chose to limit attachments to 3 per post. With photos hosted elsewhere one can post as many as one likes, but using the internal attachment setup it can be only 3, and only up to a certain file size/resolution I think. They also display differently, showing in a box which users can click to open the image by itself rather than displaying inline. But hey, you can always post 2 or more times in any thread with three images per post, not really difficult...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:23 pm 

When I have more than 3 pix I use PhotoFiltre to put pix together into a single pix. It's basically like photoshop but a substantially smaller and faster version, and free! Doesn't have as many features but us Joe Blo's don't use those anyway.
I simply size each pix to a realistic size, then paste them onto a larger blank pix and move them around to fit. Trim the new collage to size and done. I can explain in more detail if interested but the program is fairly easy to figure out.
Linking is fine too but for me it's not worth the hassle of uploading etc, plus you (should) resize pix anyway so they fit the screen and don't hog bandwidth. Plus linked pix don't last forever, as you can see in some older posts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:25 pm 

thanks guys. i'll have a look at PhotoFiltre.