Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Just Curious
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:34 pm 

Just wondering why people are asking for a PAL for parts being sold on the for sale section.?
I have read all the previous posts about showing a PAL for a full rifle but parts come on! Not required.
A 2260 tube and valve does not dictate a firearm. I have a Pal and have never been ask for it when I buy hi performance parts from on-line retailers.
Wonder if the the seller actually knows when a PAL is required or even has one. Don't what to rehash anything but come on!

Post subject: Re: Just Curious
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:47 pm 

Quote:
Not required.

Especially seeing as how that configuration could also be set up for <500 with an awesome shot count. . . .
Maybe he wants to narrow the field of available purchasers, for some uniquely odd reason. . . :rolleyes:

Or, the tube was originally purchased as an assembled gun (2260), and he has concerns of serial number continuity in the chain of possession. . . .

I guess it's his, and he can handle it any way he sees fit. It interested me a bit at first, right up until I saw the unusual requirement. . . :?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:22 am 

As for the seller having an original one I highly doubt it! I bought one off my friend around 12 years back. It's an early one with hardwood stock. (Check the forum gallery)
I know Crosman reintroduced them the under the Sheridan name but not to many on line sellers have them here. Could be wrong but I bet this seller bought the parts like everyone one else but now wants a PAL??????
Sorry don't want to re hash things but come on.!!! I just sold a 2100 with full power valve, in pieces because I didn't have time for the project. PAL req'd???????? No!!!!!
Sorry just venting! Same seller worrying about a fuzzy picture!!!!!!!
Was just at a local gun show bought some things pulled out PAL and that was it!!!!!
People should learn the rules!!!!!! Again just "pissed" and venting.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:52 am 

jwg wrote:
Just wondering why people are asking for a PAL for parts being sold on the for sale section.?
I have read all the previous posts about showing a PAL for a full rifle but parts come on! Not required.
A 2260 tube and valve does not dictate a firearm. I have a Pal and have never been ask for it when I buy hi performance parts from on-line retailers.
Wonder if the the seller actually knows when a PAL is required or even has one. Don't what to rehash anything but come on!

Sorry I come from firearms where the action and current set up constituent it being a firearm. Thus PAL required. Could have PM'ed me and ask to remove the hammer spring.

Really a need to make a post about it? Life that boring?

Why don't people educated nicely rather than being a bunch of jerks for no reason.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:21 pm 

My friend snatched it up as soon as he found out it was forsale. He wanted to build a big bore project.