Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Daisy Model 25
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:26 am 

I just got this BB gun, should i oil the shot tube? It looks very dry. If yes, where should i oil it ?
With what oil, Pellgun oil or ? I know it has a oil hole on top where i can put oil, but the shot tube where you put the 50 BB's look very dry.
Thank you !!
Rejean, Montreal

Post subject: Re: Daisy Model 25
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:28 pm 

I have two of the 25s.... I use Non Deterg 30 wt oil... 3-4 drops in the oil hole. when things look dry, I put a drop or two down the shot tube and shoot it back out!
One of my 25s is a vintage one and needs extra oil from time to time to keep the pressure up. This one I remove the shot tube and put several drops of the 30 wt oil
every time I think of it between sessions. Sometimes, it blows a fog of oil out for 2-3 shots but works fine.

I have read in various posts that it is nearly impossible to over oil a Model 25.... or Red Ryder for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 10:51 am 

Redleg, can i use Pellgun oil to oil the shot tube ?
Thanks Redleg
Rejean, Montreal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:31 am 

The question of Pellgun Oil or 30 weight ND oil seems to be a very active topic.
I use both and I am certain that Pellgun Oil is absolutely safe and effective in lieu of other oils! Go for it if that is your inclination.

With my Daisy 25's I follow the factory recommendation mainly be cause I have a lot of ND 30 weigh oil on hand (lawnmowers, etc). My
theory is Daisy recommends it, why not use it? It's cheaper by far.

I save my Pellgun Oil for CO2 guns but I know that many very experienced shooters believe in Pellgun Oil for all types of air guns.

In this case, I am positive that either choice of oil will work well.

When I was a pre-teen, I used my mom's Singer Sewing Machine oil and 3 in 1 oil, as well powder burner oils (Hoppe's) in my
Model 25 without a problem. But I do not recommend that!

I hope you have as much fun as I do with your 25!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:06 pm 

Redleg, thank you for your help... Appreciated from me. I'm new to airgun, so i'm learning...
Rejean, Montreal