Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:19 am 

I sent one to a new home. Several more coming up for sale in a few days.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:29 am 

Put a custom Bolt and Handle that I bought off of Al on to my 2240.

8)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:36 am 

Received a couple from a new member and also got my QB57 parts rifle today.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:47 am 

Re crowned a QB78D muzzle

Tested my new-to-me Walther CP99 and found it REALLY likes Crosman Alloy HP.

Started my junk Surge rebuild.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 11:05 am 

Just made a new muzzle brake with a piece of 3/4'' C12L14 hex. steel bar, and a 0.100'' sight pin for my LW 2240.

Attachments:
Muzzle_brake.JPG
Muzzle_brake.JPG [ 109.72 KiB | Viewed 2455 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:50 pm 

Went out to the range with a friend and shot some indoor targets at 20 yards with my .177 Air Force Talon CO2 rifle - tack-driver - as well as my new Air Force Condor .25. Excellent accuracy and sighted in - bug holes, same as the .177 was making.

The other rifle we used was my friend's long-tom Texan. That was interesting - a one holer, of course and that was at what appeared to be full power with 225gr. RN/FB. He noted they were supposed to be just breaking 1,000fps.

We'll need to shoot outdoors next time with both the .25 Condor and the .45 Texan to see what they can do.

I was quite surprised that the 52gr. FNBT's and 48gr. HP's shot 1" higher at 20yards than the H&N Barracuda 31.02gr. RN's. Too- the Predator pellets at only 26gr. in .25 cal. shot to the same poi as the H&N's. It was nice to "0" windage between all the .25 cal pellets I tested (which was only 4).

The 52's and 48's were both moly coated, BTW. When I switched back to non-molied standard pellets, there was no wild shooting as can happen with switching back and forth in powder burners.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:01 am 

I received my "test order" of a cheap Chinese rifle from that camouflage place in B.C. They were pleasant to deal with and the free shipping took 4 days to Ontario, so no complaints here.

The rifle is a .177 Chinese under barrel lever, the good old B3 which has been around forever it seems. This version is old, the B3-1..it has the front sight hood pinned with 3 screws as opposed to 1 on the later revisions.

Sights are metal, trigger and guard are metal, the only plastic I see is the receiver tube butt cap and cocking lever tip.

Rifle came lightly coated in Chinese Mystery Oil, with a warning sticker that took 20 minutes to get off with Goo Gone.

Fit and finish is about a 3 out of 10. expected, and perfectly acceptable for this level of rifle.

Stock is hilarious with CARVED serrations on the butt to simulate a butt plate or recoil pad.

When cocking, the last inch of travel sounds like a combination of a bad water pump with shot bearings and what the sound of your hand, forearm, and elbow going through a 1 ton press would sound like.....snap, crackle, pop, grind.

Rear sight has a very small notch.

I put two rounds through it just to see if it worked. It does. Penetration was about 3/4" in to a thick paperback. Claimed fps is 420.

When i get a chance I'll tear it down (trigger assy. is spot welded on the tube) and see if it has the leather piston seal.

I've got the action out of the stock (looks like it was inletted with a dull butter knife) and the spring looks dry as a bone.

Some pics so far:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:46 pm 

Took the Maximus apart to find out what I need to do to make it accept a Gmac Custom 22xx multi shot breech.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:31 pm 

Nice work ITguy hope it works out for you! Yesterday I bought a daisy powerline 340, and tomorrow am going to buy a crosman m4-177!

Sent from my B1-810 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:18 am 

Started making finger grooves and a thumb rest for my ever growing 2240 Image

Sent from my E6560C using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:44 am 

Obtained one of these:

I have a Swiss Arms black one and an Umarex black one as well, but this one is by far the nicest. Tough to beat the German made airguns.

Too bad I dont shoot them very well. The real version is one of the few pistols I've ever dumped because I was not very good with it. The grip width, due to the double stack magazine just doesn't fit my hand well.

My hands are somewhere between medium and large, I.E. a medium size glove is too tight and large just a bit loose.

Trigger is as good as you can get, considering it must rotate the round 8 shot mag. FPS seems pretty snappy, but I've only put a couple rounds through it at close range so far.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:09 am 

Well today I will be giving my BnM 2260 an upgrade of a enlarged transfer port, a extended probe and a hammer with a striker adjustment with a SS hammer pin..

KWC 1911 Tac
Leapers UTG BB 3x12x32

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:25 am 

Picking up my hose assembly for a 4500psi nitrogen tank today. Got the parcel tag yesterday while out trying to find a whitetail deer (with modern pb). Found a grouse, but only does.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:20 pm 

Got the hose assembly, now have to pick up a 4500psi, 200 pound nitrogen tank tomorrow. Finally, I will have a decent air source.

I might not literally, "pick it up". Those days are past - I'm not 55 any more.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:50 pm 

Time change messed me up, so got up at 05:00 and started taking apart that Chinese thing in the above pictures.

WARNING!!! The spring in that thing, including spring "guide" and base has a couple inch's of preload.

Its not going back in without some form of spring compressor either.

Other than that, dead easy to strip down, except for that joke of a trigger...pins fell out all over the place, 3 of them.

SO the rifle has a nylon or similar plastic piston seal, no leather.

The internals were 100% dry. Compression chamber, piston, seal, spring.

Once i cleaned the dried brown crud out of it, I was surprised. Compression chamber was quite smooth. Hit it with emery to clean it up, greased everything else, silicone oil in the compression chamber and put it back together.

Much, much smoother, but desperately needs a proper spring guide. The grinding noise is the spring chaffing the walls of the tube. That sucker is under a fair bit of compression, let me tell you.

I just test fired it a few times. Dieseled for one or two shots, then it stopped.

I dont have a new chronograph yet, but its doing more than the 420fps advertised. That 1.5" thick paperback now has a hole all the way through it. See my above post. It was not dieseling on that shot.

I've no time to get it out to my range, so cannot comment on the most important aspect, accuracy.

I have a drawer full of those cheap 4X scopes that come with the lower end rifles, probably 7 or 8 of them..I'll put one on and see if this thing can hit the broad side of a barn.

EDIT: I really only ordered this to establish an account with the camouflage place in B.C., but for 79 bucks this thing has already provided a couple hours of fun :) Great trunk gun, or cottage gun, nice size and light weight...if it breaks, well, who cares? Just toss it.

edit2: REMOVED YOUTH SUGGESTION. THIS RIFLE HAS NO SAFETY. SORRY

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 30  Next