Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:18 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:06 pm 

@ Joolz & Darkstar....Thanks, it was just laying there and i had removed the action to pull apart the trigger Joolz :), got delayed, threw some grease on the pins cause finding them on the floor the first time was loads of fun being half blind :)...went to CT, was walking down the paint isle...one thing led to another, etc.

Mainly posted to show you what was underneath all that garbage...you should see what a real piece of walnut looks like when I take 8 times longer to do it and get to #0000 steel wool. :).

Now that I've got a fresh can of stripper and a couple half cans of stain I'll do a couple more of the closet queens while I'm in the mood and then wont touch a piece of sandpaper for a year LoL.

Trigger looks dead simple and probably just bending the trigger "spring" would lighten it, but it DOES have some grittiness just before release, so I'll take it apart and stone it. The gun has no safety, so I really have no interest in dropping the pull any lower.

Now the rifle is half presentable, doesn't rattle anymore, I want to shoot it. Just need a better spring guide and I have a member here offered to make one.

Also just bought a couple of "repair" kits from DL thanks to a tip from another member. I have enough other projects that the rest of the gun is staying stock. I've had a lot of fun for my 79 bucks and need to get some parts machined and get back to my QB57 project. Gas Ram is going in there, somehow, some way, end of story. Probably a nice weak sub-pal one.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:14 pm 

I said I wouldn't build another one but........ LOL
Wasn't going to do it but had a ton of left over parts from previous builds and what really changed my mind was the purchase of a set of Rick Andres grips and handle and couldn't resist.
Only thing I bought this time was the grips and a HPA barrel band, a little pricey but is very nice. The breech is one from Derek Vinyard and is also outstanding.
Rest of parts are from many different vendors I dealt with over the years. I think I'm going with a 13" barrel this time.
I'll post more once done.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:08 pm 

Oh, NICE!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:44 pm 

Upgraded my old Pioneer 6432 my dad bought me in 82. I never could hit anything with the original sights. They moved every time I fired a shot and I had no idea of the artillery hold in my younger days. I designed and printed weaver rail that I could glue on and bought a cheap red dot from Amazon. Haven't completed the sight in but at least I'm in the general area I'm aiming at now. Fun.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:42 pm 

I'm a big fan of the Bullpup design, had one of these (dont ask) back in the day, you know, when they weren't evil.

Today I was lucky enough to get a B9-Griffin from a member, like the one below. The neat thing is this model has a 10 round mag that loads a pellet upon cocking. Cool :)

I have 2 nice red dots on the way, when they get here one will find a home on this rifle. I know they arent exactly 1/4 MOA devices, but they ARE perfect for a super long eye relief rifle like this and I dont want some rube-golberg, 3lb abortion hanging off the top of my rifle.

After firing a couple rounds I can tell someone spent a little time on this one. Its well oiled, greased, and pretty smooth. Of course I'll take it apart tomorrow Lol.

Thanks JAG1 :) :)

Stock pic, not my rifle.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:43 pm 

After buying a constant air adapter from Eric decided I could make one for around 10$ + parts I already have
Here she sits now Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:22 am 

Got news from Rob that my thumb hole stock for the junker Surge project is on the way, along with cocking linkage, barrel, stock screws, seals, etc etc.

Received my "repair" kits (2) for B3-1 from D&L

Did a nice lube-tune on an Air hawk for my son

Oh, and bought a blue rifle... :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:03 pm 

Finally Done look in the Airgun Gallery topic74510.html

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 pm 

Got my 4-48 taps in, and ordered the multi shot breech. Going to Gmac multi shot breech my Maximus.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:03 pm 

Added some custom made wood grips from Collin to my custom modded 38T .22 (by Collin; as well):

:D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:54 am 

Stripped my 1977 Lucznik 87 (Poland), now ready for "ebonizing" and boiled linseed oil:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:33 pm 

I took after ITguys lead and bought one of those chinese b3 clones from Camouflage. It was a good deal, haha, now then fun starts!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:43 pm 

Today- I replaced the O ring in the breech on my .22 Concept Walnut. Love that little rifle. It's just about perfect with the etched reticle 3-12X30mm Leapers. Accurate, too.

I also trimmed the handles of my 6 cavity .38 Lyman mould & re-drilled the pivot screw holes to fit my new 4 cavity .51gr. BT NOE mould for tmy .25 Air force Condor. The 2cavity, one solid, the other Hp was too slow casting.

Anyone want to buy it - cheap! The hollow point plunger is adjustable for depth of the HP and as well as can be turned around to make 2 flat points instead of one flat point, one hollow point.

The new mould makes 4 flat points.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:31 am 

Junker Surge project complete.

Surge action and barrel.
Sights and compensator removed
Airhawk spring
Airhawk piston
Airhawk piston seal
Custom spring guide
New cocking arm
Air Hawk thumb hole stock.
Full lube tune
Cheap scope i had in a drawer

Re-purposed the Surge stock by dropping in an Air Hawk action and barrel.

Also have a new barrel if needed.

On to the next project :)

Weighs about 8.5 pounds

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:10 pm 

Put a UTG rear peep sight on my Vantage.

Since I put a multi shoot breech on the Maximus, I put the steel breech on the 2240. Waiting on a optic now.

Ordered a new set of rings in hoping the will fit the Gmac breech.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 438 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next