Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Hi from Quebekistan !!!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:05 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 am
Posts: 26
Location: Quebekistan
Hi,

I'm the new guy !

I haven't shoot any airguns since I was young.

I still have my old european pellet rifle that my dad bought me when I was young.
I will always keep this rifle. I will have to check but if I remember well its a Baikal.
I still have the original box and the spare spring.

I recently bought a PAL 1000+fps Crosman Nitro Venom .177 from a friend for 100 bucks.
Its like new, there is less than 500 pellets thru the rifle.

My friend say it shoots OK but not very-very good.
Its cappable of nice groupings but there is always have a flyer or two.
I'm looking forward to improve this rifle.
I know its not a Walther match rifle but it will be a fun little project.

I saw many improvements that can be done to these rifles.
I will begin by installing a good scope, upgrade the trigger and buy quality pellets.

Oh and I'm a proud and responsible firearm owner and I've been in target shooting for many years.
I have a couple of very nice firearms.

I hope to find great information about modifying my Crosman Nitro Venom on here.

Cheers,
Ben Lemay


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2013 7:37 pm
Posts: 836
Location: Montreal area
Couple of very competent guy's here in Quebekistan, I'm not one of those guy's but welcom in... 8)

_________________
TW1911, Steel Force
GSG 92, Walther CP99 Compact
Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa6mm
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 521
Bienvenue/Welcome.
THe gtx trigger is the best first mod i would do. it changes the rifle completely.
Then a good and simple barrel clean up will help as well. crosman barrels come factory really dirty.

Let me know if you need help just shhot me a pm.
ARe you close or aound mtl..
Cool place to shoot is Lachine.
Alex

_________________
Hatsan At44 Tactical .22
Steyr hunting 5 automatic
Ruger air magnum .22
Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:21 am
Posts: 1215
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Welcome Ben Lemay!!

_________________

Megiddo65


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 am
Posts: 26
Location: Quebekistan
Thanks guys for the welcome !

alextermination wrote:
Bienvenue/Welcome.
THe gtx trigger is the best first mod i would do. it changes the rifle completely.
Then a good and simple barrel clean up will help as well. crosman barrels come factory really dirty.

Let me know if you need help just shhot me a pm.
ARe you close or aound mtl..
Cool place to shoot is Lachine.
Alex


Alex, I live on the South shore, about an hour from Montreal.

You have one nitro venom ?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:06 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1215
Location: Eastern Townships
Hi and welcome from the Eastern Townships, Ben!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:17 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 6215
Location: P.G. B.C.
Welcome,

I had a lad by the name of Lemay (or might have been Lamy) from P.Q. in my troupe in 1972 Regina. Any relation? He would be 63 or 64 yrs. old now. Seems to me, he was the French lad who bought my Browning T-bolt .22 before we got transferred out to our first postings.

That early T-bolt would be worth $1,000.00 today - $75.00 then, iirc.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:54 pm
Posts: 521
Hi
I have different springer but not a venom itself...all crosman are mostly made the same .
I am on the southshore as well.

_________________
Hatsan At44 Tactical .22
Steyr hunting 5 automatic
Ruger air magnum .22
Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:33 pm
Posts: 252
Location: Yukon
hello and welcome from the Yukon,
Your Crosman will be lots of fun and in-expensive to mod and shoot. Lots of help in here.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:54 am
Posts: 26
Location: Quebekistan
Daryl wrote:
Welcome,

I had a lad by the name of Lemay (or might have been Lamy) from P.Q. in my troupe in 1972 Regina. Any relation? He would be 63 or 64 yrs. old now. Seems to me, he was the French lad who bought my Browning T-bolt .22 before we got transferred out to our first postings.

That early T-bolt would be worth $1,000.00 today - $75.00 then, iirc.


Wrong guy...

I wasn't born in 72.

alextermination wrote:
Hi
I have different springer but not a venom itself...all crosman are mostly made the same .
I am on the southshore as well.


Good to know Alex !

tango wrote:
hello and welcome from the Yukon,
Your Crosman will be lots of fun and in-expensive to mod and shoot. Lots of help in here.


Yeah I'm sure it will be a fun little project.

I'm currently looking for a decent scope, I pretty much know what I want...
I will also order the GTXII trigger this week.

That been said, I would like to have inputs to know what kind of pellets these air rifle likes ( Brands/models/weight in grains ).
I may start a thread on this and about Nitro Venom mods and where to locate upgrade parts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:03 pm
Posts: 604
Bienvenu au zoo :bear:

Sorry, can't help you with that Nitro...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:35 pm
Posts: 6215
Location: P.G. B.C.
ben777lemay wrote:
Hi,


I recently bought a PAL 1000+fps Crosman Nitro Venom .177 from a friend for 100 bucks.
Its like new, there is less than 500 pellets thru the rifle.

My friend say it shoots OK but not very-very good.
Its cappable of nice groupings but there is always have a flyer or two.
I'm looking forward to improve this rifle.
I know its not a Walther match rifle but it will be a fun little project.


Cheers,
Ben Lemay


About that rifle - I would try some 10.5gr. Crossman pellets called Ultra Magnum and try those. Also, you could go online and buy JSB or H&H pellets that are heavier than the standard pellets normally available, in an attempt to get the fliers reduced.

_________________
Best Wishes
Daryl


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO