Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: BT65 cocking problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:41 pm 

Apparently this is old news from what I've read on the gta http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/ind ... ic=85225.0 so hopefully someone has solved what seems to be a common problem with these guns.
It has nothing to do with lube or the hammer spring because the bolt slides smoothly back until the last 1/8" where it runs into a brick wall. I took it apart and when the hammer comes in contact with the toggle sear, 1/8" from the end it can't advance any further without a crazy amount of pressure which can't be right. If you slam the bolt back it will cock about half the time but you're never sure. If it doesn't fire you have to remove the magazine and try again or it will load another pellet. I polished the sear and the hammer section that comes in contact with it but it didn't make any difference.
I'm guessing it's in the trigger mechanism but would love to hear from someone who knows for sure before I let the springs fly.

Post subject: Re: BT65 cocking problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 pm 

Had the same issue a while back. I ended up adjusting the trigger. I followed this guide and it worked pretty well.http://www.airgundepot.com/at44-bt65-qu ... ticle.html
Hope this helps.

Post subject: Re: BT65 cocking problem
PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:44 pm 

Great guide, thanks. It helped me get the trigger right and eliminated the adjustment aspect from the problem.
This has happened to me before. I wrote in with a problem and couldn't leave the workbench until I figured out what was going on.
I checked and rechecked everything I could think of until having the hammer tube assembly in my hand I tried cocking it without the receiver and bolt attached. It cocked just fine over and over again. There must have been something restricting the bolt right when the hammer coincidently made contact with the sear. It didn't take long to find the antibounce device, which is a solid bar now (pictured below) was restricting the bolt by what must have been a few thousands of an inch but enough to restrict cocking without a slamming effort. Actually unlike some of the other reports I read mine was hard to cock from day one. I thought it needed a breakin period or that's how all bolt action guns were.