Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:37 pm 

lleader wrote:
Princess Auto has Crosman CO2 40 pack for 21.99 (55 cents each) on sale until Nov.13.

http://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/4 ... -p8490872e

Yeah nice deal.
Estimates about $9 shipping for me.
In this case I would buy at my C Tire as it is quite close and would pick up a few extra things anyways.

EOS 7D mk2 / 15-85 / Sigma 150-600 / etc., etc.,

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:50 pm 

Leaving for a plink session with my lady-friend and bringing my Legacy and CP88

If my CP88 shoots at 440 fps when its 22 Celsius, what might it be shooting when 8 Celsius ?

Anyways - heading out in an hour and Will pop in a cart warmed in my pocket and shoot 10m targets.

My friend will bring her PAL Stoeger .177 breakbarrel, which I enjoy sniping targets with - will bring orange practice golf balls and love to see them take a hit and bounce away :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 11:37 am 

Anyone know where to get either the RWS or Air Venturi Speedloader for this pistol?

Been googling and everyone loves them (easily loads up to 7 rotary clips in about 20 seconds) - but not easy to find...

Got 3 rotary clips coming next week. Will test accuracy between the RWS Hobby and the RWS Meisterkugeln Pro.

Will eventually test the RWS Superdome too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:18 am 

.....Does anyone else have the CP88 "tactical" ? .....(Google, images) ...I'd like to replace the barrel with one that extends through the mock silencer ....( 9-10 inches total ) ....How would that effect accuracy ?, fps ? .......

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:04 am 

thumper wrote:
.....Does anyone else have the CP88 "tactical" ? .....(Google, images) ...I'd like to replace the barrel with one that extends through the mock silencer ....( 9-10 inches total ) ....How would that effect accuracy ?, fps ? .......

Here is a link to Part 3 of a review by B.B. Pelletier for the Tactical.

No where does he mention the actual length of the Tactical barrel - but does mention the longer barrel (vs the stock CP88 4"?) is more accurate.

He mentions in part one that indeed the single action trigger (as with all Walther pistols) give higher fps.

And, by mounting the Very Good Walther Red-dot - he is able to typically get 1" groups

http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2006/07/ ... al-part-3/

I wish he took a photo of it with the fake silencer off...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:42 pm 

....The frame is threaded at the "muzzle" for the silencer......Unscrew the silencer and you have a standard CP88 with a 4" barrel ...... Mine is shiny black and is a handsome piece , I never use the silencer or the red-dot .... just seems a waste not to be able to run a longer barrel through the silencer ... There's the same set-up on the 92fs ,... there again, a longer barrel would have to be custom machined ..........such a missed opportunity ! ...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:37 pm 

Thanks thumper ~

Hey guys once I shoot through a few tins I've been collecting, trying to find the best accurate pellet :wink:

I am going to get a tin of this RWS R10 Match Premium Line Light .177 Cal, 7.0gr

http://airgunsource.com/rws-r10-match-p ... 0gr/dp/183

I am thinking my groups should be a little better and maybe my baby would rather a different diet than the Hobby's... :wink:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:43 pm 

Received the recommended Umarex co2 carts this past week (2x12).

So far, I have used 3 Umarex co2 carts (The brand recommended in the User Manual!) and 2 have been duds...

22 more to go...

I just hate returning things in the mail... costs time and inconvenience and money... :cry: :x

Plink-Panther wrote:
Anyone prefer the Umarex CO2 12gm vs other brands?

I don't see an issue using the Crosman, they work fine - but I saw a video review and the fellow said his '88 preferred the Umarex (possibly said Walther) because they are a better fit and more efficient getting more shots I think...

I see that a pack of 12 Umarex are $11.99 at Amazon.ca

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:54 pm 

No need to use their carts - Crosmans or those from Maria (camacho8218 on this forum) work just fine. Manufacturers always "recommend" their own producrts for their guns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:06 am 

I believe these CP88 compensator assemblies come with a longer barrel. They show in stock.

http://www.camouflage.ca/SearchResults.asp?Search=compensator&Submit.x=0&Submit.y=0

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:52 pm 

...Yes, they do ITGUY....but that's for the "competition" version with the 2" compensator.......What I'm referring to is the "tactical" version with the 5" silencer......same pond, different fish ....

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:19 pm 

I prefer the 88 comp over the 88 tactical, function over form with actual extended barrel
May I suggest also for cheap, the new Daisy 5502 bb shooter with real extended barrel,
heard from a good source, that's it accurate shooter? Review on Replica airguns.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:46 pm 

....More of a pellet shooter here.....I'm function over form myself, that's why I never use my CP88 with a 'mock' silencer.....D&L has the "competition" kit but only silver and flat black .....When I do order one I'll have my son re-paint it glossy black ( IMCustom airbrush.com , check out his work.....He's going to put a dragon on my M92fs and custom paint the grips )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:00 pm 

thumper wrote:
....More of a pellet shooter here.....I'm function over form myself, that's why I never use my CP88 with a 'mock' silencer.....D&L has the "competition" kit but only silver and flat black .....When I do order one I'll have my son re-paint it glossy black ( IMCustom airbrush.com , check out his work.....He's going to put a dragon on my M92fs and custom paint the grips )

Sounds very cool. Pix please when it happens.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:52 pm 

Wow! Check out the last pistol on this Forum's page: topic74360.html

Walther Silver CP88 Competition w/wood grips $250

She Is A Beauty. . .

Today, Cyber Monday

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 110 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next