Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:00 pm 

Hi. I have a Crosman Phantom .22 (great rifle btw) but I let my curiosity out of hand... I opened up the rifle and I managed to put it back together. Here's the issue: the barrel doesn't break anymore. I can't cock the rifle anymore. Anyone know what the issue is? And before you say the sear, I made sure the sear made contact with that steel part so the sear should be in the right place. Anyone know why? Could it be oil? Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:59 pm 
Supporting Member

Hi

No. It isn't oil.

If you go to the Mods and Repair section on the Board Index Page (the first page) you'll find a thread on "How to Strip the Crosman Phantom, Vantage, Optimus, Quest etc.

It's very well done with photos included.

If you didn't disassemble the trigger group, that should be all you need.

Peter :D

PS: BTW you might want to go to the introduction page and tell us all about yourself. :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:14 pm 

Hi, If you could take the stock off and snap a picture. Maybe something out of place that we can notice?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:50 pm 

Yes, more detailed info on what it's doing, exactly. What you did/changed/took apart exactly, and pix if possible.
I don't really know if you're saying the barrel won't break open from its closed position, or the trigger won't catch, or somewhere in between.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:57 pm 

Springers....for the most part......are pretty simple mechanical devices.Find a YouTube video on this gun specifically with someone doing a teardown and you'll figure it out.A picture...or should I say a video...is worth a thousand words. :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:41 pm 

Hey here are some pictures of the gun. Hopefully these can help. I could try re opening it completely then assembling it I suppose. Thanks for the help :)

Pic 1: http://prnt.sc/d5mt8c

Pic 2: http://prnt.sc/d5msz3

Pic 3: http://prnt.sc/d5msof

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:01 pm 

It appears the cocking lever isn't in the groove.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:03 pm 

I don't know I tried taking off the cocking lever and putting it back on still no good... Could it possibly be the fact that I FIRST installed the trigger mechanism THEN put the Spring in? Or does that have nothing to do with it? I feel like it does. And the reason why I put the trigger on first was because it's nearly impossible to put it on while the Spring is in there :/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:35 pm 

Hard to tell from the dark pictures but it looks like that little round "shoe" isn't seated properly in the slot...as leadslinger mentioned....

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:43 pm 

Peux wrote:
I don't know I tried taking off the cocking lever and putting it back on still no good... Could it possibly be the fact that I FIRST installed the trigger mechanism THEN put the Spring in? Or does that have nothing to do with it? I feel like it does. And the reason why I put the trigger on first was because it's nearly impossible to put it on while the Spring is in there :/

Everything is fine from what I can see, except the lever isn't in the groove.

Look at the take down. I made.

topic73899.html

If you look at your first picture you will notice that this part. Isn't riding into the groove. Its riding ontop. So its not contacting the piston at all.

You need to pull it back to the round hole on the bottom, push up and in.

Just take the barrel screw out wiggle the barrel down a bit and put it back in and put the barrel back on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:56 pm 

Hahah wow thanks! I did what you showed me and it works :) Thanks so much honestly I really felt like I wasted my money or I broke it lol. Thanks again :)