Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 pm 

Hey there folks! I've done some searching around on the forums and the various sites in the Internet to possibly find an air gun technician/enthusiast to do a little tuning on a few of my guns, or maybe just a hobbyist who wouldn't mind meeting up and teaching me a few things? I'm 29, and kind of fell into air gunning of my own accord and have no others in my local area to consort with. So if anyone on Vancouver island could help me out or if anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks again as always ladies and gentlemen, and happy plinking!

-Darkstar

(Ps if any mods read this and it's in an incorrect section I.e under modding then please move at your discretion)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:34 am 
Supporting Member

Hi

I live in a small village and like you have no-one to ask for help, but in the 2+ years I've been shooting I've been able to modify, repair, and tune all my guns (they would all be considered "low end") using information I found here and sometimes on other sights.

Recently leadslinger posted in Mods and Repairs an excellent tutorial on how to disassemble/reassemble Crosman guns and if you've never had one apart it's a great place to start. He posted another on Umarex type guns which are often copies of more "high end" guns, but need a little work to fulfil their potential.

A member named Chevota has an entire repair/tuning manual that he will provide if you ask.

If you get "stuck", you need only ask on the Mods and Repairs forum, and almost always someone will have the answer.

Be warned that once you start down the "repair/modifying/tuning/tweaking" road it may become an obsession. :shock:

Peter :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:49 am 

Hi Darkstar

If you fined that the various great tutorial you can find on the forum are out of your confort zone, a person who is competent at machining can probably help you as lots of the basic stuff like de-burring sharp edges and careful fitting are common to all machinery. Chevota I think has prepared a great document for springers. Good luck and do not hesitate to ask for advice on the forum. Lots or expertise here. H-billy

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:23 pm 

Thanks for all the info guys!
While I appreciate it, I was actually asking the question just to put out feelers to find fellow air gunners on the forum who may be in my community. I also have pretty much 0 in the way of tools or space to do any modifcations on my guns unfortunately, so I was just inquiring to see who may have been around. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question with such lengthy and well thought out responses. I appreciate it :D I have seen Chevota's and leadslingers tutorials and have read many of their other blogs and information. I hold them both in extremely high esteem and have spoken to leadslinger on a few issues I have had. I have broken all my air guns down and put them back together, but dont have a buffing wheel or emry or anything that I could use to polish and de-burr the various pieces. Some of the modifcations I was hoping to do to my 1322 involve using tools that I have no access to (Like drilling out a port). Maybe I just need to make friends with a machinist or some one who has a lot of tools for winter haha! Have a great day guys. Happy Plinking

-Darkstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:27 pm 

Darkstar wrote:
Thanks for all the info guys!
While I appreciate it, I was actually asking the question just to put out feelers to find fellow air gunners on the forum who may be in my community. I also have pretty much 0 in the way of tools or space to do any modifcations on my guns unfortunately, so I was just inquiring to see who may have been around. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question with such lengthy and well thought out responses. I appreciate it :D I have seen Chevota's and leadslingers tutorials and have read many of their other blogs and information. I hold them both in extremely high esteem and have spoken to leadslinger on a few issues I have had. I have broken all my air guns down and put them back together, but dont have a buffing wheel or emry or anything that I could use to polish and de-burr the various pieces. Some of the modifcations I was hoping to do to my 1322 involve using tools that I have no access to (Like drilling out a port). Maybe I just need to make friends with a machinist or some one who has a lot of tools for winter haha! Have a great day guys. Happy Plinking

-Darkstar

You have a tuner very close to you if the old fart pops in here he should be able to help you out i let him work on my guns

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:23 am 

Oh! Thanks lauchlin. I see you're also an islander! If you could pm his user name that'd be swell!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:57 am 

Darkstar wrote:
Oh! Thanks lauchlin. I see you're also an islander! If you could pm his user name that'd be swell!

Old guy is called Ken :lol:I sent him a email

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:26 pm 

Cheers! He even lives in the same neck of the woods as me. I appreciate it immensely