Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hello from Saskatchewan
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:55 pm 

Hi everybody, growing up on the farm in eastern Saskatchewan I was lucky enough to get a cheap Chinese break barrel. 177 pellet gun for my 10th birthday. The lucky part was it was actually a great shooter, lots of power and super accurate. I shot tons of barn swallows and sparrows. Even the odd magpie and crow when I got lucky. (they were so smart they'd hang around til I snuck the gun out the door then they'd be long gone [WHITE SMILING FACE]️)
Anyway the fun a few years til I had the bad idea of using wd-40 to clean the inside of the barrel. Some must have gotten on the piston which happened to be leather, and that was the end of it. Dad got me another piston but the new one didn't have the same power. So I graduated to a. 22 powder burner and that was the end of my fun with airguns for a few years til I saved my money and bought a crosman 357 c02 revolver. Had some fun with it too but never shot much of anything, didn't have the power and I wasn't a good enough shot I guess!

Anyway that was it until a month ago, now at 39 years old with 4 little girls I suddenly got the urge to buy another pellet gun and got myself a crosman 1322 kit which included the stock from princess auto. Great fun! I've been watching the YouTube videos on modding and reading the forums. Too bad we have to keep pistols under 500fps, it's kept me from flat topping valve and piston. But I weakened the valve spring, worked on the trigger and drilled and angled the transfer port on the valve, and stuck a washer behind the piston cup. Got it up to 480 - 485 fps now so I better quit while I am ahead and legal as far as the innards of it anyway [WHITE SMILING FACE]️. Now it's time to work on my shooting and maybe get a red dot or something. Cheers to everyone and thanks for all the great discussions and stories!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:49 pm 

Greetings!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:53 pm 

Good on you. the 1322 is a heck of a gun and a lot of fun to both shoot and mod. Welcome to the forum man.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:21 pm 

Welcome to the forum wesb2007!! Thanks for the great intro!!!

Megiddo65