Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:57 am 

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Cabela's 2-7x32 air rifle scope. It has an adjustable objective and they claim it is pretty rugged, but there are no reviews on their site.

I would like to get a scope in the short term. It would likely go on a weaker springer, or a pumper, for a while, but the goal is to get a Diana 350 magnum (or another high powered .22 springer) at some point so I would like a future-proof scope that is capable of handling the more powerful gun. The Cabelas scope is on sale for a good price, so it would be a fairly low risk venture.

Just curious if anyone has used and has any impression of quality, durability, etc. I have generally been happy with Cabelas-branded products in the past, so I suspect they put a bit of effort in assessing their suppliers - but the demands of a scope for a magnum-class springer can be pretty significant.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:32 pm 

Just looked at the link.
Its a plain duplex, which is okay with lots of experimentation (My father has a vintage scope on his 30-30 and is a real sniper with it). I do not know much about Adjustable Objectives, but 15 yards seems pretty far for the lowest setting? One of the other guys might correct me on this.

Air Rifle Scope, might mean its Air Gun rated, not sure. I would ask Cabelas about their return policy, and warranty.

Its hard to find a good scope for a high power springer, I have ruined two on my Hatsan 1000s.

I will soon be in the market for a scope for my MOD135.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:31 pm 

Thanks. I don't know a lot about scopes, but I know that this one is on sale for a pretty good price point. I am sure it would meet my needs for a while, and budget is a pretty major consideration at this point. I will prob call them tomorrow to ask about warranty/return. Even if it is cheap, it isn't much of a deal if it is broken and unreturnable within a few months...

Hopefully someone has some experience with it.

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/87342/cab ... ifle-scope

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:42 am 

Just called them - full warranty for 1 year since it is a Cabelas brand. And since it is air gun rated, use on a Springer falls within normal use.

Seems like it might be worth a try. Now I just have to figure out the right mount for it... Ideally Cabelas will have a good mount so that I can get the free shipping on orders $99+.