Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:25 pm 

Can someone give me some input about this gun thanks

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm 

Howdy,

As far as I know - I am the only owner who has come forth as an owner - although your post may bring others out...

I quite like the Legacy. Feels good, looks good. Well I don't like how the barrel is encased with plastic... not sure if it could be extracted if ever need be.

Noise is quite reasonable and the trigger can be improved via the screw.

Will be getting a chrony in the next few weeks and see where she is for fps.

Mine seems to like Crosman Premiere HP (and does not like Crosman Prem. Pointed)
Also feeding her some RWS Superdomes but no conclusive accuracy report until I can get further than my indoor 7m.

And so accuracy. First, I find the Center Point 3x9-40 scope is a great bargain and quality.
I really get the impression that it originally came out with a cheaper scope that many argued they could not get it sited at all.

Alas I forget the distances I have been hitting tin cans with... but the 20m general area.

(One of my favourite targets are orange practice golf balls. Easily seen but small for a challenge.)

I have been encouraged from many fronts on this forum to clean the bore and strip this Legacy down and tune her up
It appears unanimous that this and other Chinese rifles have imperfections that can be greatly corrected if the time is taken to work on them.

I recommend this Legacy rifle mainly because of the great price Canadian Tire has it at. Reg $399 - Clearance for $249 or one recent report stated it is now $179 or so. I quite like this rifle and look forward to doing chrony testing and finding her favourite pellets. But luckily Canadian Tire sells the CPHP which my Legacy does well with.

Hope this helps ~

EOS 7D mk2 / 15-85 / Sigma 150-600 / etc., etc.,

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:03 pm 

I may have bought one of the last of these still kicking around at CTC. No other store had one but awfully pleased to walk away with this for only $179.

As a follower of 'forums' I fully expected to do a bit of cleaning and tuning as this had been on display and then stored away for a good few years. My old neighbour is a tool & die guy with very expensive taste in air rifles so could be called on for advice. Surprisingly on taking apart to inspect these isn't much to complain about, few burrs to remove and a new (better) seal is on it's way along with moly for application after cleaning.

Oh, this must have been one of the first shipped to CTC from Crosman as had the heavier 'nitro spring' and the hole through piston to detune it. Having FAC and number of rifles I had my guy professionally mig weld and polish the piston so looking forward to testing the improvement once seal arrives.

Frankly even my friend felt it didn't really need tuning as pretty OK as factory shipped. Not on a par with the materials and finish of his rather expensive German finished rifles but nothing to complain about. Fun doing it though and if I ever find the pieces of birds eye maple stored away somewhere I'll be replacing the soft touch inserts with maple just for the hell of it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:38 pm 

The old Legacy from 10 years ago was something you probably want to grab if you fine one.
There's also a Crosman Legacy which is a pump that is likely a 2100, but you said Benjamin...
So the new Legacy springer is just a B18 like most of the others and the only real point to it imo
is the suppressor. Since you don't get that in CA I don't see the point. If you like the looks then
great, but otherwise I'd just buy another model that's cheaper. I mean I assume other models are
cheaper, like the Vantage, Fury, Crusher or ? They have so many models of the same base gun I
can't keep up.
Fyi the old Legacy is the foundation for the new NP2. The NP2 is really just a stroked version
to net more power. The old Legacy was supposedly 100% US made. I've never see one in the flesh
but I do own a couple later model nitro versions but no idea how much is US made...
You can buy parts from other B18 guns, so if for example one is super cheap, especially a
used one, but you really want the stock or barrel from another model you just buy that part. In the
US the parts are really cheap but you guys get kinda screwed and pay about double.
I've never priced any of the new plastic barrels or plastic stocks but a steel B18 barrel is ~$16US,
so ~$32CA? And what wood stocks I've bought were ~$22-29US. For example I like certain parts
that were never available all together on one gun, and actually no longer available on a gun at all
so I get whatever cheapie and buy the stock and barrel I want.