Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:12 pm 

Just kinda wondering what you think the best non blow back BB pistol is? I like the drop out mag and not into spending much more than $100, then again who knows lol.

Help me buy something new. What is your 2 cents?

Cheers!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:25 am 

K-Roc wrote:
Just kinda wondering what you think the best non blow back BB pistol is? I like the drop out mag and not into spending much more than $100, then again who knows lol.

Help me buy something new. What is your 2 cents?

Cheers!!!

Go over to Replica Air Guns and scroll through the BB pistols...read the brief description which will tell you whether they are blow back or not, and more than likely he will have a video available to watch.

Dont expect much for a hundred bucks.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:51 am 

There may be some older obscure model but the dropout mag feature on newer bbguns require the blowback action to load the next round just as their powder burning originals. How else is it to auto load the next round? A rotary magazine is the common method for a repeating action for a non-blowback.

ITGUY is right. $100 is low end of the price spectrum. Moderate your expectations.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:12 pm 

Swiss Arms 941 Jericho
Powerhouse!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:01 pm 

H'n'K, USP (Umarex), non-blowback, full size drop out mag, DA action triger, 400+fps, great looking gun and depending where you buy, less then $100...

9XP also with blowback, 410fps (I think), great looking, stick mag, DA only and good precision for a BB gun... Less then $100 also...

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:17 pm 

dammit. why did I stumble upon this thread. its likely to cost me money.

EOS 7D mk2 / 15-85 / Sigma 150-600 / etc., etc.,

Learn to Love To Do Well - And You Shall. - C. Poseidon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:25 pm 

I really like my Umarex Beretta 90-Two. It has a sliding receiver, but it's not a blow-back action, you just use it to cock the hammer. It has a full size drop-down mag, which houses the CO2 cart and BBs. Can be used in single or double action. Rather accurate and fun, but I don't know if they're still available.

Attachments:
IMG_4983.JPG
IMG_4983.JPG [ 280.09 KiB | Viewed 698 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:22 pm 

I already have a bunch of blow back pistols I love... wanted a non blow back one. Would spend over $100 sure... I always look at the $100 ones and end up buying the $200 one... sigh...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:28 pm 

The Hatsan 250XT is a non-blowback with a full drop-out magazine.

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Hatsan_25 ... istol/3392

I paid about $90 for mine at Airgun Source Canada, but I'm not sure if they still have it in stock.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:21 pm 

I like the Makarov that preceded the current blow back.
Also the P07 that preceded the current blow back.
These are still pretty widely available and less expensive than the blow back. They are also able to fire in single or double action since they can be cocked by
using the moveable slide to cock them. Hard shooters, too. Lots of bang for the buck.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:36 pm 

Check out the "Berca BP9cc"
it comes in blow back, and nonblow versions.
Both with a Drop out mag.
I have both versions, I don't care for the "blow back version"..
The nonblow back pistol is great with standard BBs, and it is very good with 4.5mm lead balls! Which the blowback version couldn't handle(they jammed).
I find the nonblow back version- more accurate then most BB pistols, esp with lead balls, which seem to hit much more harder and are more accurate then BBs.
The pistol is compact (or slim), mostly metal construction and has a good feel/weight in your hand. Check it out, it's by far my fav BB pistol...

These are not your run of the mill BB pistols, they arnt all that popular(imho) and apparently the NonBlowback version is "rare", but if you can find one it is worth checking out.
If you have any further questions PM me.