Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:06 pm 

I picked up a used bipod with some kind of piece missing and I'm trying to figure out what I need to get in order to fit it to the under rail on my rifle(s)...

The bipod needs to attach to a Weaver rail. I have no idea what you call the rail on the bottom of some rifles (my AA S400 MPR FT for example, or the CZ 200, which has the same rail), but I need something I can attach to that rail that gives me a short (1" or so) Weaver rail facing downwards.

Any ideas?

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:12 pm 

Picitinny Rail. That is what the Bi-Pod you pictured fits - yes - Weaver scope base size.

With that hole in the middle, it might just fit a standard sling swivel post - might have to drill out the post hole, though, for the cross bolt.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:27 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Picitinny Rail. That is what the Bi-Pod you pictured fits - yes - Weaver scope base size.

With that hole in the middle, it might just fit a standard sling swivel post - might have to drill out the post hole, though, for the cross bolt.

So the Weaver mount fits onto a Picitinny rail?

I don't think a sling swivel post will work because the pin on the bipod mount doesn't come out.

Any idea what the rail is called that is underneath some rifles? It _looks_ to be about the same size as an 11mm dovetail.

Still don't know what I need to buy or where from.

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:12 pm 

If you have a sling stud you can use this adapter.
https://www.amazon.ca/Higoo-Picatinny-S ... tinny+rail
Attachment:
sling-stud-to-picatinny.jpg
sling-stud-to-picatinny.jpg [ 15.37 KiB | Viewed 576 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:20 pm 

Hi Eldor,

Your MPR400 has an 11mm (I've also seen them called Anschutz rails) rail on it, you'll need a t bolt adapter to weaver/picatinny for the bipod. I've only been able to find it on amazon.COM, but Travis at Airgunsource said he would order some in for me. (I don't care to order from the states and would prefer to support his business anyway.) He didn't have a price tag for me yet, I only inquired about it last week.

https://www.amazon.com/Rail-Anschutz-Pi ... chutz+rail

Ryan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:34 pm 

Hi Eldor
Uti or anshultz rail like Ryan has mentionned will fit. If you think it would be better if i take the bipod back let me know. With the adaptor linked above on amazon.com you will be able to install pretty much anything with a pictinny rail. I have seen many helpfull accessories accepting this typed of rail. Hamster for ft, bipods, sling swevel stud, lights,lasers, the list goes on.

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:50 am 

Watertown wrote:
If you have a sling stud you can use this adapter.
https://www.amazon.ca/Higoo-Picatinny-S ... tinny+rail
Attachment:
sling-stud-to-picatinny.jpg

I'm not quite understanding that... I have a rail under my rifle(s). I don't have a "sling stud". Does the adapter you show require a sling stud (if so, what does that look like?) or does it simply slide into the rail and then be tightened somehow?

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:59 am 

Hunkaluv wrote:
Hi Eldor,

Your MPR400 has an 11mm (I've also seen them called Anschutz rails) rail on it, you'll need a t bolt adapter to weaver/picatinny for the bipod. I've only been able to find it on amazon.COM, but Travis at Airgunsource said he would order some in for me. (I don't care to order from the states and would prefer to support his business anyway.) He didn't have a price tag for me yet, I only inquired about it last week.

https://www.amazon.com/Rail-Anschutz-Pi ... chutz+rail

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thank you. I'll contact Travis and get added to the list. The Amazon item you linked to seems rather expensive. $58 US plus shipping means close to $100 Canadian.

Are you aware of any nice bi-pod that WILL work with the 11mm/Anschutz rail without having to buy something extra? I see a bunch of bi-pods by searching which seem about the same price as that adapter. If one of them fits without needing anything else, then it's a better deal.

I've got a(nother) new rifle coming, hopefully in my hands before Christmas... I ordered a new "CZ200 S Green" back at the end of August, and it's finally been produced and is on the way to Wolverine in Canada, and then to me. It's got a fully-adjustable one-piece stock and other than for the color which I don't much care for, it looks like it'll be a pretty nice gun. I used to have a CZ200T which I sold, but still have an extra air cylinder and also the 10-shot magazine conversion and a bunch of magazines which I didn't want to see go to waste. If it shoots as well as my Air Arms S400 MPR FT, I'll be very happy.

Cheers!

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:01 am 

alextermination wrote:
Hi Eldor
Uti or anshultz rail like Ryan has mentionned will fit. If you think it would be better if i take the bipod back let me know. With the adaptor linked above on amazon.com you will be able to install pretty much anything with a pictinny rail. I have seen many helpfull accessories accepting this typed of rail. Hamster for ft, bipods, sling swevel stud, lights,lasers, the list goes on.

Nice to hear from you! I'd sent you a PM after we met, which you never replied to.

The rail adapter Ryan pointed to is really quite expensive. Maybe I'd be better off just buying another bi-pod which fits directly onto the existing rail?

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:13 am 

You have a bipod that attaches to a Picatinny-style rail but you have a rifle with an Anschutz-style accessory rail.
This would make it work https://www.amazon.ca/Anschutz-Picatinn ... od+Adapter
The price, however, is ridiculous. Even in the U.S. the price is unreasonable https://www.amazon.com/Rail-Anschutz-Pi ... B00G33O05Y

If you want a bipod for your rifle, you may need to get another kind that attaches to a sling swivel and get the Anschutz-style rail-to-sling swivel-adapter, which is available for about $15 e.g. http://www.coretacsolutions.com/products_H6.htm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:34 am 

Hi Eldor
I add the impression that i did answer you. I am sorry i presume i didnt press the semd button. Having the idea i answered you i was finding weird that you did noy reply and i saw your post yesterday...i founded that weird.

Now i understand. I am sorry you didny get that message...It was actually sending you the adaptor link on amazon.com.
My mistake

Weirhauch HW100 .22
Gamo Expomatic .177
Benjamin Marauder DougP custom stock
Theoben SlR98 .22
AlEx Custom gun .22 (JezX built masterpiece) :)
Hatsan Atp2

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:27 am 

If you're handy, and money is an issue, I had read somewhere that someone used a toilet flange bolt as the "t" part, then simply drilled a hole through a picatinny rail and mounted it like that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:20 pm 

Hunkaluv wrote:
If you're handy, and money is an issue, I had read somewhere that someone used a toilet flange bolt as the "t" part, then simply drilled a hole through a picatinny rail and mounted it like that.

Isn't money always an issue? :)

For me it's more an issue of perceived value. For a $30 bi-pod which I'll only use rarely, I don't see the value in spending over $100 to be able to attach it. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think there are bi-pods out there which would fit directly onto my rail, and for a cost of less than this one adapter. And since I only plan to use a bi-pod very occasionally, like chrony testing, etc. it's hard for me to justify a bigger expenditure.

I am handy, but not likely to jury-rig an adapter from a toilet flange bolt. :)

BTW, I intend to be REAL competitive :) next FT season!

Cheers!

Eldor

Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:59 pm 

I think this adapter might be a good solution to your problem.
http://ads.midwayusa.com/product/524047 ... dc_id=eBay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:00 pm 

BTW- for your information, those 'pins' in any Weaver-type base, come out the same way they went "in" except backwards - with the tap of a hammer on a slightly loosened nut (to protect the threads) They are installed with the 'tap" of a hammer or wedge to start with. The grooves in the enlarged shank are what stops them from twisting as you tighten the nut.