Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:25 am 

I have a Benjamin Trail and I have seen a Crosman Phantom stock for sale and I was wondering if I can just unscrew the Trail stock and replace it with the Phantom one.

I like the Trail but I'm curious whether I would prefer a more "traditional" rifle shape.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:01 am 

I heard the phantom action was a inch shorter than the trail and the trail stock would require modification. I put a trail stock on a vantage. But I think the action is longer.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:30 pm 

If it's a Benjamin Trail NP 1st gen, it will fit. A Trail NP2 won't.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:45 pm 

It's the All Weather one. I think it's the 1st gen. Definitely not the NP2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:11 pm 

Then you're golden :) . I did the opposite that you want to do, I've put a Phantom action in a Trail NP All Weather stock, that was a perfect fit. Just don't forget to put blue LocTite on the screws when you put it back together :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:28 pm 

Great thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:25 pm 

As mentioned there are variations. Look up the parts list for each gun using the guns part # and verify they are both B18 types. You'll see many part #'s start with B18, like the main seal. If not then it won't work, but most of both those guns are B18. You can also use a variety of other B18 stocks on B18 guns, and Crosman sells them for reasonably cheap in the US but I spoze ~$40-60CA. I like the Regal stock best, but the Trail is 2nd fav, and the Phantom is actually my least fave. I even tried modding the Phantom and still hate it. I'd give it to you if you were closer.
If you can't find the part # for each gun then you'll just have to eyeball them or simply try and bolt it on.
Fyi the B18 Phantom stock should weigh ~32oz, and the other oddball Phantom stock should be ~22 and is a bit shorter. I have the oddball one, but as mentioned I modded my B18 version so I can't tell you exactly how long it's suppose to be.
Also, the B18 receiver is ~30mm dia, the oddball is ~33. So the gap in the stocks will more or less be that too.