Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Beretta CX4 Storm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:44 pm 
Supporting Members

This is a gun I have wanted for a few years. I think I have pestered everyone on this site that has one to sell it to me. But no bites........so when .357 Hunter put his up for sale I had to jump at it. Fit and finish is impressive, and looks to be the same quality as some of the other Umarex guns I have owned.

Now to stock up on 88gr CO2 :mrgreen:
Does anyone know where I can get the dummy 88gr that takes the smaller powerlets?

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

Post subject: Re: Beretta CX4 Storm
PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:30 pm 

nice gun!

88g to 2x 12g co2 adapter:

http://m.pellpax.co.uk/airguns/accessor ... r-set/1713

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:54 pm 

He offered it to me first but since I was already getting another gun from him, felt it best not to piss off the boss too much and passed. Good to see it went to someone that can enjoy it. Apparently it has some very nice open sights. Do these not take the normal 12g carts?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:36 pm 
Supporting Members

No it doesn't. It uses the large 88g threaded cylinders. With a 30 round mag I think a 12g wouldn't suit the gun. I have found an adapter on Amazon that will do the job. Its pricey, but worth it to give you the option of using a 12g.

https://www.amazon.ca/Umarex-Hammerli-2 ... ords=2x12g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:23 pm 

Sure hope you're not planning on ordering that, especially when you realize it was built in China for under a buck. These 90g are a bit overpriced but the cheapest I could find: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/jt-co ... p.html#srp

If anyone knows where I can get these 88g CO2 cartridges in Calgary for a better price, I'm all ears. Could use some for the 1070 (have the adapter). But $11 per cartridge is a bit much compared to the cost of the 12g powerlets (get mine at $.50 each). However the inconvenience of replacing these every 4 magazines gets old fast.

And that CX4 would be even hungrier, making me question if it's worth it using 12grams with it. If the adapter in the link u posted cost a tenth the asking price, sure. But the price is just ridiculous.

Knowing this about the CX4 I'm glad I didn't jump on it. It's your problem now :goodman:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:57 pm 

Btw didn't mean to sound like a smart asterisk above, was taken by the cost of this part and the huge markup. But then again I suppose that's the price one pays for something that no one else has and it does provide a solution to those without easy access to the 88g cartridges. And since Umarex is the distributor, sure that a lot of R&D was devoted to this, after all it is a device that holds a good amount of pressure.
Guess the CX4 comes with a certain additional cost, regardless which fuel configuration one chooses to go with.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:14 pm 

notec wrote:
No it doesn't. It uses the large 88g threaded cylinders. With a 30 round mag I think a 12g wouldn't suit the gun. I have found an adapter on Amazon that will do the job. Its pricey, but worth it to give you the option of using a 12g.

https://www.amazon.ca/Umarex-Hammerli-2 ... ords=2x12g

I would recommend that you DO NOT get that adapter above for the CX4. If you wanted to put the butt cover back on it would require a hole for the adapter to stick out and it would stick out almost two inches.

I have the Walther adapter suggested by waltherglocksmith in a previous post in this thread. It works well and almost fits - it's about 1/16 inch too long and though the butt cover snaps in place it doesn't quite mate up. I am sure a little work with a file on the plastic cartridge piercing screw knob would make it fit perfectly.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:29 pm 
Supporting Members

Thanks for the heads up......I checked the physical dimensions and it is longer than the 88g. :D

Oh, BTW where did you get yours? from the same place that waltherglocksmith posted the link to?

Last edited by notec on Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:29 pm 

Or, if you don't mind replacing cartridges more often (guess around every 25 or so shots) there's always this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-New-Q ... 1759040956

In case link doesn't work, here's the pic. Price is right too, around can$16 and free shipping from China.

Attachments:
co2-adapter.jpg
co2-adapter.jpg [ 28.03 KiB | Viewed 1197 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:33 pm 
Supporting Members

Joolz wrote:
Or, if you don't mind replacing cartridges more often (guess around every 25 or so shots) there's always this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-New-Q ... 1759040956

In case link doesn't work, here's the pic. Price is right too, around can$16 and free shipping from China.

I had looked at those,but the ones with the 88g thread and not a paintball, but I think they are too short making it difficult to screw in all the way unless material was added to make it the same length as the 88g

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:41 pm 

Joolz wrote:

You have the wrong version of this adapter linked here, Joolz. There is one with the correct threads on the end however, because I have one. I used it primarily when I had the CX4 apart to work on. The CX4 can be fired without the plastic shell on it and it was easy to use this adapter on the bare gun. I did use it with the shell on the gun by first using a socket wrench to seat the end of the adapter and then I filed a slot in the back end of the other part of the adapter so I could turn it with a piece of steel after putting the 12g cart in.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:54 pm 

OK, a picture is worth a thousand words. Here's the correct adapter with my crudely cut slots in it:
Attachment:
CX4-12gAdapter.jpg
CX4-12gAdapter.jpg [ 270.42 KiB | Viewed 1189 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:14 am 

notec wrote:
Thanks for the heads up......I checked the physical dimensions and it is longer than the 88g. :D

Oh, BTW where did you get yours? from the same place that waltherglocksmith posted the link to?

I tried for ages to get one of these Walther adapters back a couple of years ago without luck. I gave up and moved on to other projects, then a couple of months ago a member here posted one for sale and I jumped all over it! If I remember correctly he got it from Poland.

As for how it fits, here's a link to another post in this forum where I commented and posted pics of how close it fits:

post492602.html?#p492602

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:54 am 
Supporting Members

Close enough.....im sure enough material could be trimmed from either the inside of the butt pad or the knob to make it nice and snug. Thanks for the pictures :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:20 pm 

lleader wrote:
You have the wrong version of this adapter linked here, Joolz.

Good to know these work (well, the one with the proper threads that is) and the screw driver slots you created is a simple solution to compensate for the short reach. Bit of a thread hijack but wanted to ask you this: any chance you've experimented with 12OZ bottles on the 1070? Local airsoft store never even heard of 88g cans but sell the 12 and 20 Oz bottles for very cheap, making this an economical ventured compared to the smaller cartridges. Not to mention they'd last a lot longer, have an open/close valve and are refillable. The 12Oz bottles may be small enough to fit the 1070's 88g adapter but before I bring these there to try on, figured I asked first. Your sig indicates we both own similar guns, would bet there's a 1070 in there somewhere - and you're clearly a gas tinkerer :!: