Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:15 am 

I am an airgun enthusiast and recently moved to Calgary because it's the Canadian Texas. I am looking for others in that also shoot high powered pcp airguns and even cast their own for big bores. I would like to do 500+ yard shooting and have been to crown lands for it. Just recently I got into powder burners and began reloading for 45 70, 45 acp, .308 and 9mm. I shoot air rifles that use those calibers too. I got an omega compressor and plenty of scuba tanks and carbon fiber ones for refIll stations. Lead is something I always need to enjoy my hobbies so I would be happy to share what I can in exchange for more casting supplies.

Hw45 in .22 and .177
Kriss vector gen 1 .45 acp
Norinco m305 7.62 x 51
Marlin 1895 45 70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:37 am 

Hi, welcome to the forum and to Cowtown.
Although I should correct you: Alberta is no longer the Canadian Texas :cry:
But that's a story for another day. Hopefully well after our carbon taxes is introduced next week and not as many businesses go under.
Provincial crown land is less than 40 min away although I believe there has been some changes to shooting at crown lands introduced recently, so may be a good idea to brush up on that first. Sounds like you have quite the collection there. May have to offer to take you to the Mclean Creek area sometime, I'm near the Shooting Edge.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:06 pm 

Welcome Lead Dragon. Feeding large bores is a chore, sometimes. Lead can be hard to find.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:00 pm 

Daryl wrote:
Welcome Lead Dragon. Feeding large bores is a chore, sometimes. Lead can be hard to find.

Yes lead is not easy to find but at times I get lucky when getting an oil change. I have many types of bullet molds so if anyone has lead to melt I would gladly exchange some for ammo. I have a 9mm jsb mold that makes 85 grain pellets too.

Hw45 in .22 and .177
Norinco m305 7.62 x 51
Marlin 1895 45 70

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:50 pm 

Joolz wrote:
Hi, welcome to the forum and to Cowtown.
Although I should correct you: Alberta is no longer the Canadian Texas :cry:
But that's a story for another day. Hopefully well after our carbon taxes is introduced next week and not as many businesses go under.
Provincial crown land is less than 40 min away although I believe there has been some changes to shooting at crown lands introduced recently, so may be a good idea to brush up on that first. Sounds like you have quite the collection there. May have to offer to take you to the Mclean Creek area sometime, I'm near the Shooting Edge.

I live at signal hil and have been to waipourous for crown lands plinking. If you have any lead to melt into big bore bullets I have .357 and .457 pcp bigbore's to shoot with unlimited air refills :)

Hw45 in .22 and .177
Norinco m305 7.62 x 51
Marlin 1895 45 70

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:17 am 

Will start collecting my used up pellets and save them instead of throwing them in the garbage. Plan to finally start using my airguns in the new year once range is ready, so should have a decent supply by spring. If you don't take it, sure Stiltech would. Heck, hopefully there'll be enough discarded pellets for both. Been a dry year for me with no time (or a range) to shoot. Definitely plan to make up. A sleeve of pellets is only good when it's no longer a sleeve.

The Mclean Creek in K-country is even closer to you then, since you just drive down Sarcee Trail and head west on Hwy 8. Some nice places to shoot there, with natural hills for backdrops, although some of it is far from the parking lot. Unless it's changed no vehicles are allowed in from Nov to May due to wildlife's chance for some peace and quiet (area is used for 4x4 and dirtbikes). I like Waiporous as it's often less busy than K-country but Mclean Creek is an area I've been dirtbiking at for a couple of decades and simply love it.
That's the thing bout this city, lots to do and see OUTSIDE of it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 5:35 pm 

Joolz wrote:
Will start collecting my used up pellets and save them instead of throwing them in the garbage. Plan to finally start using my airguns in the new year once range is ready, so should have a decent supply by spring. If you don't take it, sure Stiltech would. Heck, hopefully there'll be enough discarded pellets for both. Been a dry year for me with no time (or a range) to shoot. Definitely plan to make up. A sleeve of pellets is only good when it's no longer a sleeve.

The Mclean Creek in K-country is even closer to you then, since you just drive down Sarcee Trail and head west on Hwy 8. Some nice places to shoot there, with natural hills for backdrops, although some of it is far from the parking lot. Unless it's changed no vehicles are allowed in from Nov to May due to wildlife's chance for some peace and quiet (area is used for 4x4 and dirtbikes). I like Waiporous as it's often less busy than K-country but Mclean Creek is an area I've been dirtbiking at for a couple of decades and simply love it.
That's the thing bout this city, lots to do and see OUTSIDE of it.

Heavy snow lately. If you ever wanna shoot i cast all my ammo and have unlimited air refills :) I am always seeking lots of scrap lead to fuel my hobby :)

Hw45 in .22 and .177
Norinco m305 7.62 x 51
Marlin 1895 45 70