Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Welp, no Alecto & no CX4
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:59 am 

Mike Kaye from Replica Air Guns emailed me yesterday. He stated:

His website should not have emailed me these 2 items were back in stock.

His website should not have allowed me to place items in cart, not to mention pay for them.

My $700+ will be refunded.

I am to "watch" my method of payment to ensure the refund is processed.

Too bad.

EDIT: In retrospect, I dont think it is quite kosher to accept payment for an item that is out of stock, and not shipped. In my opinion anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:31 am 

ITGUY wrote:
Mike Kaye from Replica Air Guns emailed me yesterday. He stated:

His website should not have emailed me these 2 items were back in stock.

His website should not have allowed me to place items in cart, not to mention pay for them.

My $700+ will be refunded.

I am to "watch" my method of payment to ensure the refund is processed.

Too bad.

EDIT: In retrospect, I dont think it is quite kosher to accept payment for an item that is out of stock, and not shipped. In my opinion anyway.

It's not right but most likely an automated process. My guess is he/she updated/imported a new inventory file to the database at which time the item appears on the online catalog, notifications sent, and or full purchasing processing turn on.

Once again not right but probably not intentional.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:50 am 

I don't have the best experience recently either (to be fair, not the same in the past which was all good). I saw the Alecto listed again too and nearly pushed the button on it but didn't because:

I ordered a few items on the Black Friday weekend. Their website indicates 1-3 days handling time (usually same day), which is consistent with past experience. The payment was taken immediately but 10 days later I had received and heard nothing so tried emailing them but all my messages got bounced back with some sort of error. I tried calling and left voice messages, no answer. I then tried their website enquiry form and finally got a reply which told me that basically they had lost my order. I decided to cancel as the items had already missed the date I specifically wanted them for. I emailed and left more phone messages to tell them to cancel and refund the payment. 3 days later I get an email telling me the parcel had been sent. Their communications system is either utterly broken or they decided to just ship anyway assuming I would accept.
The box is now on its way back to them unopened, which I told them would happen if they did not respond to my request to cancel. No response to my messages telling them it had arrived and would be sent back and then confirmation that I had sent it back.
At the time, I asked about putting the refund towards an Alecto but seeing as they don't actually exist I will also be watching carefully for my refund.
Let's hope we both get our money back in good time and are able to continue buying with confidence in the future...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:51 pm 

DDtank wrote:
I don't have the best experience recently either (to be fair, not the same in the past which was all good). I saw the Alecto listed again too and nearly pushed the button on it but didn't because:

I ordered a few items on the Black Friday weekend. Their website indicates 1-3 days handling time (usually same day), which is consistent with past experience. The payment was taken immediately but 10 days later I had received and heard nothing so tried emailing them but all my messages got bounced back with some sort of error. I tried calling and left voice messages, no answer. I then tried their website enquiry form and finally got a reply which told me that basically they had lost my order. I decided to cancel as the items had already missed the date I specifically wanted them for. I emailed and left more phone messages to tell them to cancel and refund the payment. 3 days later I get an email telling me the parcel had been sent. Their communications system is either utterly broken or they decided to just ship anyway assuming I would accept.
The box is now on its way back to them unopened, which I told them would happen if they did not respond to my request to cancel. No response to my messages telling them it had arrived and would be sent back and then confirmation that I had sent it back.
At the time, I asked about putting the refund towards an Alecto but seeing as they don't actually exist I will also be watching carefully for my refund.
Let's hope we both get our money back in good time and are able to continue buying with confidence in the future...

I hope it works out for you DD

In the interests of full disclosure, I had stopped buying from them late last year, early this year after one of his employees lied directly to me.

It was very difficult to communicate with them, but same story as yours. A week or 10 days went by with no communication, but CC was charged next day. Around 500 bucks or so if I remember right.

When I finally got a hold of someone by phoning, she said there was a bank problem with my card and thats why they had not shipped. OK, so I start the dance with the bank. 2 days later bank informs me there is NOTHING wrong with my card...hmm...OK, I call back and find out that (since I recently moved) my billing address does not match my shipping address and therefore their store put a hold on shipping.
We are now two weeks in since i ordered. I called back, fairly upset at the time I had wasted and was told that it was store policy and i had to change my shipping address. That took 90 seconds on their website.

I questioned why i was lied to and the employee gave me some crock.

Thats when I emailed Mike Kaye directly and received a non-sympathetic reply.

So I cancelled the order.

Another week goes by and I phone again. I get the same employee. "Oh we haven't processed your refund yet" ....I told them they had one day to put it through or I call Visa with a complaint and initiate a charge back.

3 days later the refund showed on my Visa. I vowed to not order so much as a tin of pellets ever again. Stupid me.

Maybe they are a victim of thier own success. You know how it goes, fast growth, freinds and family as employees, but when you go to 100k per month from 10k per month, you need people to keep up.

That family friend you have as an accountant is still trying to run the company like it is a 10k per month company instead of a 100k per month company. Just doesnt work out. You need professional people, or at the very least enough warm bodies to take care of the customers.

So now I have $735.00 floating in the wind, and have to hope that by January I see a refund.

Never. Ever. Again.

EDIT: i have to be fair so am adding this edit. In 2015 I did place orders with no issues, but I also did not "disturb the process" so to speak. Everything went fine, if slowly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 pm 

Wow, quite something. Let's hope we can both report back in a week or so that they have processed our refunds and all is well.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:09 am 

That sucks! I got the email too but had already found an Alecto earlier this year.
It did seem odd that he was carrying the HP01 at $450(?) a few months ago and now the Alecto at $350. I thought Webley had sold out the name already. I guess that was a correct thought..
I just read your other post about this order on the way and could feel the excitement.
And agree with the payment before shipping, talk about jumping the gun

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:36 am 

offroad720 wrote:
That sucks! I got the email too but had already found an Alecto earlier this year.
It did seem odd that he was carrying the HP01 at $450(?) a few months ago and now the Alecto at $350. I thought Webley had sold out the name already. I guess that was a correct thought..
I just read your other post about this order on the way and could feel the excitement.
And agree with the payment before shipping, talk about jumping the gun

Quite often a supplier gets the "last group" of 10 or something in stock. Happens all the time.

Look at Baikal....Earlier this year they got a group of IZH MP61 rifles in from Russia....Were selling them direct for 160 bucks.....Paperwork on both of mine was dated early 2014 (signed target)..
Various versions of the Chinese B_3 are still for sale all over the place.

I just thought I got lucky so jumped quickly. Also figured the HP01 was just price gouging due to availability.

Yes, I was looking forward to them :)

Oh well, stuff happens as they say!!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 9:42 pm 

Attention DD:
Happy to report Replica credited the full $739.00 to my Visa account. Now my fingers are crossed for you as well!!