Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: ...1077...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:02 am 

....Package arrived from "Canadashootingsupply" to-day , a PAL rated 1077 ... After a lot of thinking I decided it was the best move up as a rat-gun ... I like the smaller carbine size and the long sight radius, and I'm not concerned about leaving it "charged" ... This is the first non pistol I've purchased, but, as Quigley commented, " I said I had no use for one, I didn't say I didn't know how to use it." ...So, maybe tomorrow I'll try it out if time permits ....I'm happy with it so far and I think it will more than suffice for dispatching rats at close range .....(makes me feel like that 'one shot,one kill' guy, lol )........

Post subject: Re: ...1077...
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:06 am 

Congrats on your buy! If ever you wish, there are many tuning tips on the web available for this rifle. You could easily improve the trigger pull and feel, among other things :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:00 am 

I have a love hate relationship with mine. I love the accuracy, amazing really, however I hate the trigger action. Hate. Tried to improve the action but only marginal improvement. Too bad as the multi shot and double action are tied together. Too bad crosman didn't allow for a single action in the design like their revolvers. It would be my primary shooter if it had.

Come on crosman, make lever/single action version of the 1077 repeater. Just do it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:09 pm 

...Thanks for the words of advice....I'm not that critical about triggers, altho' I do recognize good ones right away....but I more or less adapt 'cause all guns are different.....I haven't shot this 1077 yet but find the trigger advances the mag with a small click then breaks quite sharp to drop the hammer (not heavy at all).....So, as long as the click doesn't spook the rat I'll be ok.......The only bad trigger I've come across (really bad) is my Buckmark URX.....It's the absolute worst but it's also my only springer, so who can say if it's just me or not .....I hear there's a 'Delrin' insert to stabilize the barrel , I my try 'o' rings if it needs it ....

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:19 pm 

Wrap the soda straw barrel near the front sight insert and by the breech in plumbers tape or drill out a chunk of dowel closer to the toleraneces, don't waste money on the stabilizers... but yeah Google is your best friend for information and trigger tuning tips for these rifles ;)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:47 pm 

....If some tight fitting '0'rings won't work, there's always tape (if it even needs it) ,,,'0' rings always keep things centered ........I just cleaned the barrel, wasn't too bad except around the muzzle.....It's a nice sunny warm afternoon but I was on the roof all morning and I'm just a bit too weary to sight this thing in......It's nap time (don't call) lol ... By the way, I could shoot all kinds of things from my roof,.....damn laws ! lol

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:07 pm 

Congrats on the new acquisition. I liked mine so much that I recently purchased a second. It is wife's no. 1 choice and it rates way up there for me. Hadn't realized you were a pistol guy. You'll love this gun. As others have mentioned, it is incredibly accurate, for something that resembles a toy. I have no beef with the trigger, like you said you simply adapt to what's there. Although I must agree, if Crosman had made it into a single action like the 357, I'd love this gun that much more. But it really isn't bad. Being a pistol guy you're likely used to the heavy double action of BB pistols. This thing is a snap compared to those heavy triggers.

I haven't done a single mod to mine and love it just as is. However this here is one mod I do plan to pursue when time allows me to go hunting for the parts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBhYc3NQXeE

Mine are both sub pal but intend to look at changing that. Curious what fps you get out of yours and if you happen to know what the differences are between the US and Canadian versions (that brings ours down to under 500fps).
You'll find that follow up shots on those critters you're after will come as fast you can pull the trigger.
This gun is pure joy. Enjoy this far better alternative to the tired old single shot springer.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:34 pm 

Joolz wrote:
Curious what fps you get out of yours and if you happen to know what the differences are between the US and Canadian versions (that brings ours down to under 500fps).

There are three major differences between the pal and non pal version. First is the pal version typically has a black boot on the valve and detent where the non pal is grey. Then there is the diameter of the hole on the detent, the pal version being bigger. The non pal version in grey does have a marking ring on the face of the detent that shows how much larger the hole can be drilled out to match the pal version. And third is the oring around the detent. The non pal version has it missing which allows more co2 escape lowering the pellet velocity.

The only mod I made to the valve was to add the oring. Perhaps a bit more fps and definitely increased efficiency. 70ish good shots compared to 50ish before.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:06 am 

...That's good info to know just for the sake of knowing it.....The choice for me was a toss-up between the 2100(PAL) or the 1077(PAL) .....I actually thought the CO2 pressurized the tube in the 1077, so I could leave it for long periods without risking the seal.....Not so, I find out the day after I ordered it ..... Great deal on the PAL version though ....All my pistols except a C41 are pellet shooters and only one of those is double action only (T4) .....Yes, a 1077 with an exposed hammer (like a Winchester) would be super, I think they missed the boat on that one .... I'll try my best not to need follow up shots.....that would be new territory, lol

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:30 am 

Here is my just bought (from Glen - TY!!) 1077 with 3 mags AND a hard to find ( and long sought after) AirSource Adaptor included.

I have yet to buy any AirSource Co2 Cylinders - but am looking forward to shooting many many mags worth of pellets without having to swap out Co2.

8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:29 am 

...I only bought it to shoot rats out my kitchen window (BTW, I hope I'm not shooting them out of season....we have such weird laws in Canada,eh)....So, by all the comments it looks like I'll be doing some "tinkering" ....I do like that 88gr adapter....and I sure appreciate all the responses....