Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:42 pm 

I have small laser sights on all my airguns for indoor shooting. I have been buying LR44 batteries from ebay, usually in lots of 20 from Canadian dealers. I started with Maxell LR44 and now testing PKCell. One never knows how old the stock may be but generally I am happy with these two.
Are there any opinions on other brands at low cost ( except dollar store choices)?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:05 pm 

Not trying to hijack, just curious which lasers you've had the best luck with or that you'd recommend?

FWB 300S, FX Dreamline FT, Hammerli AR20
Other goodies!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 pm 

fishguy wrote:
Not trying to hijack, just curious which lasers you've had the best luck with or that you'd recommend?

you go on ebay.ca > search 11mm laser sight in worldwide choice on left panel> the first one you may see is from China (sweetshop2012). Cost is $7.87 free shipping ( allow 4-6 weeks).You can also search for 11mm/20mm. and find one which has reversible claws to be used on either size rail about same price. This is the one from China I have used for years.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:43 am 

I have tried a couple of cheap laser sights and found the dot way too big for my liking.I shoot 35' in my basement and find the dot completely covers center of target.Would be great on a paintball gun shooting at big moving targets though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:54 am 

Sid66 wrote:
I have tried a couple of cheap laser sights and found the dot way too big for my liking.I shoot 35' in my basement and find the dot completely covers center of target.Would be great on a paintball gun shooting at big moving targets though.

X2 here to.

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:04 pm 

Yes the dot is large so I make a small hole in a small adhesive round label to reduce the beam size and stick over the laser.
I buy a box of 680 labels-15/32 inches diameter which is perfect size for most small lasers. These are in many dollar stores for $1.00 or so ( except Dollarama).Use a black marker to colour in the surface of the label to match the black laser.
The brands are Office Works or Desk-Tech. I also use them to cover the ten ring on my 10 meter targets so I can easily focus the laser on white background .Or use black electrical tape cut to size for the laser only if not using for targets also,
For 5 meter targets which have a smaller ten ring, I buy 1/4 inch white labels from Ebay( shipped from China) as that size is difficult to find in stores. I have used the small cheap lasers and the labels for years with great success.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:16 pm 

Depending where you live, Dollorama has them. Most Dollar Stores do. I bought my last batch off of Amazon.ca.