Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:11 am 

I bet all the Mrods in Canada are not altered, not to be able to remove the shroud. So once again sounds like the TECH department doesn't know what they're talking about.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:45 am 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
Trapper_Al wrote:
Has anyone tried cut metal tube pieces and stainless washers as baffles?

Of course not. That would be illegal in Canada. :roll:

peterdulux wrote:
Ok, one more time, shrouded guns are permuted in Canada.

Agreed. As I have mentioned before the Crosman 1077 has a barrel shroud. Many upon many sold at CT. No issues. However there is a point of significance to consider. Some shrouds were designed to incorporate baffles to reduce the sound signature. These I bet are frowned upon over at the RCMP regardless if they come with the baffling or not.

Air Ranger designed to incorporate device inside shroud, remove device, no issue. Thats what they care about. Call there and talk to all the different officers and get different answers. They look through documents and interpret what they read, sometimes wrong. CBSA makes the decision as to weather or not to allow it through.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:59 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I bet all the Mrods in Canada are not altered, not to be able to remove the shroud. So once again sounds like the TECH department doesn't know what they're talking about.

I have been told/confirmed by D&L that the Marauder sold in Canada has had the baffles REMOVED. The gun is NOT as quiet as the version sold in the States. The shroud is there, but it's empty inside.

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:01 am 

Mtl_Biker wrote:
leadslinger wrote:

I have been told/confirmed by D&L that the Marauder sold in Canada has had the baffles REMOVED. The gun is NOT as quiet as the version sold in the States. The shroud is there, but it's empty inside.

Yes but the firearm tech lab said to the OP that it had to be altered that the baffles cannot be re installed. Basically meaning that you needed to make sure the shroud could not be removed.

So I say once again, that the tech lab doesn't even know what theyre talking about.

Last edited by leadslinger on Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:05 am 

Agreed, would be difficult to replace the barrel if the shroud was not removable!

-
Ruger 10/22 Tactical 22 Heavy Barrel
Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14 Tac
Hogue TH Stock
-
Browning 22 Leaver Action
-
Lee-Enfield 1943 Sht LK III* .303
RWS scope 4-12x50 CI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:24 am 

I've noticed lots of informative exchanges since I posted this to the site and I thank you all for this.

With all the ideas, I can conclude it's better to buy from here in Canada than be hassled in trying to explain to CBSA that the item being brought though has a shroud but baffles (if any) were removed just to be allowed to be brought in. Also, for the Streamline, I talked to Travis of AG Source and even he is not sure if the model coming in would be "shrouded" sans baffles or the shroud would be replaced by some sort of barrel break.. For me I purchased the rifle to maintain its looks but keeping it legal at the same time, eg. with the "original" shroud on it. No point in getting the gun looking "different" from how it should be so the Streamline would be a no go for now.

Happy and safe shooting to all!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:28 pm 

Another good reason to buy from Canada is warranty...I don't know if Gravel Inc will honor a warranty for a gun they was not licensed to sold in Canada to it's distributors in Canada... Would need to contact them to find out.

But... I am on the fence... There is a certain model of Marauder I want: Model: BP2564RTX
Why should I spend $$$ on a Marauder in Canada and then another $100 to order the stock I want.

The thought is to order it, have it shipped to FedEx in Niagara (State side), go pick it up and bring it home.
I would need to ask the distributor to remove the baffles and have them indicate same on the invoice i.e. just like it says on our local retailer's websites 'Baffles removed for Canada'.

I plan on calling the CBSA to discuss the paper work required BEFORE I do this to ensure 1. it is entirely possible without a hitch and 2. to have the required documents ready and available when I drive back into Canada.

Attachments:
Marauder BP2564RTX.jpg
Marauder BP2564RTX.jpg [ 10.8 KiB | Viewed 165 times ]

-
Hogue TH Stock
-
-
RWS scope 4-12x50 CI

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:26 pm 

Sorry guys, in my last postreply I selfishly mentioned Gravel Agency as a distributor for Crosman as I am looking for a Marauder... :rolleyes:
Same question would apply for other Canadian distributors that manage warranties though.
I sent an email to Gravel Agency so will see what they say tomorrow...
In the meantime, I will contact CBSA to discuss the scenario I mentioned in my last postreply to see if it would work for them.
I'll let you know how it goes...

-
Hogue TH Stock
-
-
RWS scope 4-12x50 CI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:04 am 

I purchased a HW95 and HW50S from Mundilar in Portugal. These are springers and so not have silencers or baffles.

I sent Mundilar a scan of my PAL front and back as suggested by another member. I told them to put a copy with the shipping documents and in each box.

There was about a 10 day delay in customs when the package entered Canada, but just over 3 weeks after I placed my order the airguns arrived. I did have to pay some duty, HST and postal handling charges.

If the UN Small Arms treaty come into effect, it does not look like it will be possible to import airguns using this approach.

Try to get the airguns you want before June!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:00 pm 

Great news lastballfan!

I also wrote to Gravel Agency (Crosman Canadian Distributor) and they confirmed that will honor warranty for a Rifle if an individual purchased and imported from the USA to Canada.

-
Hogue TH Stock
-
-
RWS scope 4-12x50 CI