Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:43 am 

Quote:
Sig Sauer P320 fans looking to increase training time without breaking the bank now have an air gun alternative in the P320 Advanced Sport Pellet Air Pistol.

The .177 caliber, semi-automatic P320 ASP is C02 powered and propels both BBs or pellets. The pistol is double action only and features a front blade sight with fixed rear sight and a real, working accessory rail for lasers or lights.

Designed to mimic the look and feel of the real Sig P320 centerfire pistol, the air gun version’s metal slide sits on a polymer frame giving it a similar weight to the actual gun. Trigger pull is nearly identical and the pistol utilizes a realistic blowback action giving shooters a lifelike edge while training.

“The industry has truly embraced our ASP air rifles and air pistols as excellent training tools when the cost of ammunition, lack of range time or other factors prevent people from training with their centerfire guns as much as they would like or feel they should,” Joseph Huston, vice president and general manager of the Sig Sauer Airgun Division, said in a press release Wednesday. “The Sig Sauer P320 has been extremely well received by law enforcement, recreational shooters and competitive shooters alike, and customers have been asking for a pellet version of this pistol since we introduced our very first airguns.”

The P320 ASP is the first pistol of its kind to feature a 30-round belt magazine. The CO2 canister, inserted and removed through the side of the grip, propels projectiles up to 450 feet per second depending on ammunition.

The new ASP comes in either black or coyote tan and retails for $119.99.

http://www.personaldefenseworld.com/201 ... p320-asp-1

:shock:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:05 am 

I imagine trigger pull would be somewhere between abominable and un-shootable because of advancing that belt.

I'll probably still buy one for the novelty aspect though :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:06 am 

ITGUY wrote:
I imagine trigger pull would be somewhere between abominable and un-shootable because of advancing that belt.

I'll probably still buy one for the novelty aspect though :)

FWIW:

Quote:
Sig has been breaking into airguns over the past several years. This year they brought out the Max Michel 1911 that I tested for you back in November and December, plus they have now added the Sig P320 ASP pellet pistol. The 320 is unique in 2 ways. First, it has a 30-shot belt-fed magazine, so there are lots of shots on board. We haven’t seen a pistol with a belt-fed mag since Anics walked off the scene, years ago. This one is very slim, too.

The other nice feature is the trigger pull. Though it is a long pull, it is 2-stage and incredibly light. Yours truly was able to nail targets with this gun at respectable distances.

:wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:30 am 

Tough to beat physics.....But I will buy anyway, just to have one :)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:32 am 

ITGUY wrote:
Tough to beat physics.....But I will buy anyway, just to have one :)

Agreed!

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:41 pm 

They are, politely speaking, far from the truth, saying that “The P320 ASP is the first pistol of its kind to feature a 30-round belt magazine.
The first CO2 pistols with the belt magazines were patented by ANICS from Russia for the Anics A-3000 Skiff, A-2002 Berkut and A-1001 Berkut.
Below is my A-1001 Berkut with two 22 rds belt magazines which I purchased around the year 2003. The trigger pull is horrible 13-14 lbs!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:20 pm 

rav wrote:
They are, politely speaking, far from the truth, saying that “The P320 ASP is the first pistol of its kind to feature a 30-round belt magazine.

Well:
Quote:
We haven’t seen a pistol with a belt-fed mag since Anics walked off the scene, years ago. This one is very slim, too.

FWIW.

8)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:36 pm 

Rav thanks for that, really cool to see. I guess that would have some collector value by now, and horrible to shoot, but VERY nice to have in the collection!!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:51 pm 

Well let's hope they refined the trigger pull then. I prefer the sweet trigger and realism of the Umarex replicas and I'm willing to sacrifice pellet accuracy for BB gun accuracy. Those are plinkers anyway so as long as I can hit a soda can at 10 yards I'll be happy camper.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun