Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Hi from ottawa area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:50 pm 

Hello all. My name is Spencer and from the title you can tell I am from the ottawa are. I found this forum while surfing tap talk for rc scale stuff (my other hobby). I got back into air guns about a year ago. I have no pal so I just stick to the plinking stuff. I have enjoyed reading the posts here, there is so much information it is overwhelming lol. Thank you all in advance, I have learned a lot in a short time. I have a umarex colt commander, umarex colt saa, American Classic pump and just picked up a daisey power line 953 on sale at tsc for $69. Sweet deal if you ask me. Any way I am sure I will talk to some of you here and there. Thanks again.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Hi from ottawa area
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm 

spor4477 wrote:
Hello all. My name is Spencer and from the title you can tell I am from the ottawa are. I found this forum while surfing tap talk for rc scale stuff (my other hobby). I got back into air guns about a year ago. I have no pal so I just stick to the plinking stuff. I have enjoyed reading the posts here, there is so much information it is overwhelming lol. Thank you all in advance, I have learned a lot in a short time. I have a umarex colt commander, umarex colt saa, American Classic pump and just picked up a daisey power line 953 on sale at tsc for $69. Sweet deal if you ask me. Any way I am sure I will talk to some of you here and there. Thanks again.

Welcome

If you wouldn't mind, which tsc store did you buy the 953 from? Cornwall? Online?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:21 pm 

Always happy to welcome another 953 owner onboard. Saw your post on the 953 paper punching. A few of us are lining up to have some fun with it, glad to have you onboard. Ask away, you'll find plenty of helpful answers (easier than searching as the search engine here will overwhelm you with unrelated hits).
Good to see you're on your way to a half decent collection. The 953 signals the beginning of a downhill road from here on (as in, the unavoidable desire to acquire more and more)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:19 pm 

Lol that is funny. The wife just keeps saying another one. Well ok. He he he. I bought mine at the kemptville tsc. There was 2 left when I got mine last weekend

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:20 pm 

spor4477 wrote:
Lol that is funny. The wife just keeps saying another one. Well ok. He he he. I bought mine at the kemptville tsc. There was 2 left when I got mine last weekend

Much appreciated. Guess I'll take a drive this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:27 pm 

Could be too late by then. Whenever TSC has a sale on these, they're swiped away almost immediately - and this coming from users here. Chances are if there were only a couple left that they'd be gone by now. I'd call first - and hop on that vehicle pronto. As indicated in another thread, Gamo (that now owns Daisy) has phased out this model in order of the same model with a new sight at 3x the price. Could be a good idea to fake a small heart attack to justify leaving work early to go to the "ER"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:21 pm 

Welcome to the forum Spencer!

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:06 pm 

Thanks glad to be here. Seems like a lot of good people to share the hobby with