Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Browning Leverage/XS46U
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:18 pm 

If you buy this gun, check the trigger before you do anything. Mine failed before 10 shots. I am a tinkerer, so I was able to get her going again.

Now that I got some crunch out this gun via a lube job,
This thing shoots like a champ. How about .180 CTC at 10 yards? Tonight I shot a .220ctc at 22 yards. The trigger still got some drag to it, which I hope can be remedied with a polish. I like this gun so much, I decided to clean up the appearance a bit. Too the rear sight off, shaved front sight off the shroud and replaced the stock scope mounts with some lower profile dovetail mounts. The scope provided with gun is also nice. And it being able to parallax down to 5 yards, Is great for when I don't have full range in the basement.
Awesome package, but watch for that trigger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:58 pm 

solo bellimino wrote:
If you buy this gun, check the trigger before you do anything. Mine failed before 10 shots. I am a tinkerer, so I was able to get her going again.

Now that I got some crunch out this gun via a lube job,
This thing shoots like a champ. How about .180 CTC at 10 yards? Tonight I shot a .220ctc at 22 yards. The trigger still got some drag to it, which I hope can be remedied with a polish. I like this gun so much, I decided to clean up the appearance a bit. Too the rear sight off, shaved front sight off the shroud and replaced the stock scope mounts with some lower profile dovetail mounts. The scope provided with gun is also nice. And it being able to parallax down to 5 yards, Is great for when I don't have full range in the basement.
Awesome package, but watch for that trigger

I have one of these!! I like it. Another big heavy beastie but I'm off a bench most of the time so no matter to me.

Man, I cant shoot that good though.

I've always said every gun I own is probably more accurate than I am!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:39 am 
Supporting Member

Here is the link to a page I used to work on my trigger. The work makes a big difference and the photo helps a lot with re-assembly because once the anti-beartrap arm is removed most of the pins fall out. :shock:

http://orca.st.usm.edu/~jmneal/files/XS ... rigger.pdf

Peter :D

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:18 pm 

Got one of these at auction, some monkey used cheap general oil for storage, and when I shot it, it ended up causing a small explosion, smoke smell and all!! Moral of the story, always assume the previous owner is a fool and strip clean everything!

Side note: no damage to any mechanics, bore, breech or spring! Just a close call and a lesson learned haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm 

colinsnowwright wrote:
Got one of these at auction, some monkey used cheap general oil for storage, and when I shot it, it ended up causing a small explosion, smoke smell and all!! Moral of the story, always assume the previous owner is a fool and strip clean everything!

Side note: no damage to any mechanics, bore, breech or spring! Just a close call and a lesson learned haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. TR77NPS in my case. Blew the head off the pellet. One shot, clean target, two holes an inch or so apart. Small jagged holes about BB size. The sound when it fired was at least as loud as a .22LR.