Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 12:53 pm 

Our local Princess Auto has these rifles on sale for $59.99. Can't find it on their website.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:25 pm 

I looked at one. They also have them at Surplus Harvey stores- $39.99? The bushing/breech seal looks like a mat of black fibrous-material. I've wondered if they have an actual groove one could substitute an O ring for that matt of 'horse hair' or whatever it is?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:39 am 
Site Moderator

You can get a new D18 Canadian Hunter in .177 or .22cal for $79.00Cdn. Much better rifle.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:43 am 

Those grizzly rifles don't even have a safety and they are not very accurate so don't waste your time

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:14 am 

No I wasn't going to buy it but I thought at that low price someone may of been interested.
Actually it did have a safety.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:06 pm 

TCooper wrote:
You can get a new D18 Canadian Hunter in .177 or .22cal for $79.00Cdn. Much better rifle.

Jamie still has some left. I just purchased another 2, sorry to be a pig, but I was so impressed with the first two I couldn't resist. I think China hit it out of the park 10 years ago when they made these. Simple little rifle with good fit and finish, excellent furniture for a Chinese gun, powerful, great bluing, and stupid accurate, at least in my little 23 foot living room range.

I dont want to post his email on a public forum, nor be accused of shilling for him because he gave me a 20 buck break on my second purchase, but do a search on D-18 clone Canadian Hunter and you should find the details.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:02 am 

i have a Grizzly Predator that I purchased from Princess Auto and it does have a safety (not auto, just like my Phantom) and it is accurate!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 1:32 pm 

What is your definition of "accurate"? Group size at 10, 20 or 30yards?

Groups will tell a story.

The word, "Accurate" does not.

Please advise.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:27 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
TCooper wrote:

Jamie still has some left. I just purchased another 2, sorry to be a pig, but I was so impressed with the first two I couldn't resist. I think China hit it out of the park 10 years ago when they made these. Simple little rifle with good fit and finish, excellent furniture for a Chinese gun, powerful, great bluing, and stupid accurate, at least in my little 23 foot living room range.

I dont want to post his email on a public forum, nor be accused of shilling for him because he gave me a 20 buck break on my second purchase, but do a search on D-18 clone Canadian Hunter and you should find the details.

Are they kiddie sized or just small adult versions?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:32 am 

tango wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
TCooper wrote:

Are they kiddie sized or just small adult versions?

Closer to full size than anything else. Bigger than "carbine" size, maybe like an Optimus IIRC but smaller by far than a 10lb Benji Trail

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:43 am 
Site Moderator

The D18 Canadian Hunter is about the size of a rimfire rifle. Adult size. I find them comfortable to shoot.

Here is an old posting of mine with a pic of D18 next to a Crosman Quest. The D18 stock is not as bulky. The pic shows the original D18. GMK has the newer version too, with the safety on the back of receiver tube ($79).
topic21899.html?hilit=Quest d18

Newer version
topic21899.html?hilit=Quest d18

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:46 pm 

If you are purchasing a 60 dollar pellet gun, I don't think you are too concerned about groupings. I have a Crosman resetting squirrel and another resetting target set up and I can hit them 70 to 90 percent of the time with open sights ( it's at 13 yards). For plinking purposes I consider the gun accurate. Daryl, if I had your fine array of weapons, I would consider the Predator very inaccurate! P.S. How do you upload photos?