Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Xisico B-28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:34 pm 

I have an Xisico B-28 magnum that I would like to put a scope on. I have read that springer's and especially magnum's are very hard on scopes. Any suggestions on a 3X9 or 4X12?

Post subject: Re: Xisico B-28
PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:40 pm 
Supporting Member

I know this isn't exactly what you're looking for, but might offer an alternative depending on the size of your targets and the range. (I remember reading the term "scope eater" referring to this gun.)

I actually prefer open sights, and installed a Williams sight on my B28, and got a set of different front sight inserts from Lee Shaver Gunsmithing. Together they work much better than the sights shipped with the gun.

Just a thought.

I have this model, and although adjustments aren't really "convenient" they suit me fine for target shooting.

https://www.amazon.ca/Air-Venturi-70809 ... ifle+sight

There's a nicer model of Williams sight here:

https://www.amazon.com/Williams-Sight-A ... peep+sight

but as you can see it's more expensive and I don't know if they'll ship to Canada. Amazon.ca used to have them, but no longer list them.

The inserts are here:

http://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.com/ ... ert-cards/

Peter :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:15 am 
Supporting Member 2009

PeterG wrote:
I actually prefer open sights, and installed a Williams sight on my B28, and got a set of different front sight inserts from Lee Shaver Gunsmithing. Together they work much better than the sights shipped with the gun.

The inserts are here:

http://stores.leeshavergunsmithing.com/ ... ert-cards/

Which inserts did you order? Are they all a standard size?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:40 am 
Supporting Member

The inserts I ordered are the ones 5th from the top in the Lee Shaver site. They measure 15mm (5.90") outside diameter and the sku is LS006.

They're very nice quality, and much better than the standard B28 insert. They're mailed in an envelope and got here quite promptly.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:50 pm 
Supporting Member 2009

PeterG wrote:
The inserts I ordered are the ones 5th from the top in the Lee Shaver site. They measure 15mm (5.90") outside diameter and the sku is LS006.

They're very nice quality, and much better than the standard B28 insert. They're mailed in an envelope and got here quite promptly.

It wouldn't be too hard to improve on the original inserts. Mine seems like it was made of heavy duty tin foil, all bent and warped. I have had accuracy issues, not sure if it's the insert or the infamous recoil.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:34 pm 
Supporting Member

Yeah, heavy tinfoil is about right. Mine also was trash which is why I bought the new ones, and they fit my Diana 34 too.

I guess B28 inserts are in the same category as "included" scopes with air guns. They'll have to be replaced, some sooner than others.

I have a Hawke, and several Leapers scopes, but I haven't dared to try them on my B28 because they work beautifully on the (PAL and non-PAL .177 and .22) guns they're on. They seem pretty durable but evidently some pretty respected scopes have fallen prey to the B28. :shock:

I just read today on a thread Budget Scope for NP2 by Tazz about this Optisan scope from Specialty Shooting Sports Outdoors, and the description indicates it should work reliably. There are also other suggestions on that thread.

topic75358.html?hilit=optician

https://www.specialtyshootingsportsoutd ... oduct_info

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:44 am 

I suppose a UTG Leapers "TS" (True Strength) would be the strongest for the $. Optionally you could get a much cheaper factory scope from someone that has upgraded theirs. Those are weaker but if you're careful it should be fine, hopefully.
Then a nice strong set of Leapers rings, very inexpensive but very strong and look great imo.
Optionally you can mod the gun a bit to make it less abusive to scopes, and shoot better overall. I put the details of that somewhere on this forum but it's easier to just email me at chevota at hotmail an I'll send the details, pix etc. Just tell me who you are and what you need.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:12 pm 

Thanks all for the suggestion's. I may just try the open sites. When I bought the B-28 I was just getting into the air rifles. I didn't know it was so hard on scopes at the time. However it does hit pretty hard. I do like that.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:59 am 

I just ordered a UTG 3-9x40 for my np2.The Optisan at SSSO is out of stock and a discontinued item.