Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Re: HW 35 E 495 or PAL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:08 pm 

Wow, the JSB match diablo 13.43 grains look incredible on that chart.

Post subject: Re: HW 35 E 495 or PAL
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:40 pm 

KevinS wrote:
I have the PAL HW35E but not the de-tuned one so unfortunately I cannot compare. Just a few thoughts however...
The velocity / energy drop going non-PAL isn't too dramatic compared to some models. I suppose what you want to do / shoot may sway you one way or another.
I like moderately sprung guns as they are generally nicer to shoot.
On the other hand, HW de-tunes by chopping the spring at the front (not sure if they've changed in the time since I bought my last one) and the guns generally smooth up quite a bit with some deburring and lube. The HW's I plan to keep get a tune kit installed (custom spring with tight fitting spring guide) to take out the vibration on firing. If I'm feeling un-lazy I've used Maccari's glue-on buttons and they can really slick up the gun. After shooting slicked up HW's, unboxing and shooting a brand new one feels rather anti-climactic. All of this makes the detuned factory version insignificant if you're going to change it anyways :P
Another point is I've found the Canadian HW dealers have rather little in stock these days - which version you can get your paws on (without waiting several months if you're in a hurry) may also have a say in this.
Just a few rambling thoughts :D

I really enjoy reading a personal experience like this! Thank you, it's helped me decide, and I hope mine will be in stock next month!