Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: best air sniper rifle
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:26 pm 

Looking for best sniper rifle air gun that requires no license, any comments an info greatly appreciated

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:43 pm 

What are you looking for exactly?
What is your experience with airguns?
What do you want to shoot and at what distance?
What is your budget?

You can buy a multi-pump airgun with a scope that will have you sniping empty cans in your backyard so accuratly that it'll get boring for cheap.
Or you can go with a few thousand dollar olympic set up that will shoot hundreds of pellets into a single hole at 10M all day long and a whole world of rifles in between.

The more info you give us, the better we can help you out.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:26 pm 
Supporting Members

Airsoft???

Im addicted to brake fluid..........but I can stop anytime....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:27 pm 

Yes, in reiterating DocGadgets submission, a little introduction about yourself and your experiences would go a long way.

introduce-yourself-f13.html

This will ensure more responses to what you are seeking. The words sniper rifle is a misnomer to me in my opinion and it's a buzz phrase used by the media and anti gunners. ANY accurate rifle used by a trained marksman can be a sniper rifle once a scope is added. I'd prefer to call it an accurate air rifle under 500 fps since you are looking for an air rifle that doesn't require a Non-restricted PAL.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:35 pm 

megiddo65 wrote:
Yes, in reiterating DocGadgets submission, a little introduction about yourself and your experiences would go a long way.

This will ensure more responses to what you are seeking. The words sniper rifle is a misnomer to me in my opinion and it's a buzz phrase used by the media and anti gunners. ANY accurate rifle used by a trained marksman can be a sniper rifle once a scope is added. I'd prefer to call it an accurate air rifle under 500 fps since you are looking for an air rifle that doesn't require a Non-restricted PAL.

If his post is his vauge, what makes you think a into would help?

You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:17 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
megiddo65 wrote:

Since the OP was a first time post on this forum, it would be nice to attain a little background on the new member's experience and preferred types of air guns. If they want to include their budget and range distance, that's a bonus. Moreover, if a new member chooses to identify his/her location in the intro, it can open up more opportunities for fellow shooters within the area to meet and share relevant info or shoot at organized events.
The "Introduce Yourself" section was put in place for a reason. Whether or not a person chooses to utilize it, it's their choice/prerogative. As stated by your so called "Horse" quote, I cannot force the new member to submit an intro, but i can suggest a path to help that person. My intention was to simply suggest an intro by the member would narrow down his/her choices and open up more suggestions.

Megiddo65

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:22 pm 

Diana 24 or 240.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:24 am 

megiddo65 wrote:
leadslinger wrote:
megiddo65 wrote:

Since the OP was a first time post on this forum, it would be nice to attain a little background on the new member's experience and preferred types of air guns. If they want to include their budget and range distance, that's a bonus. Moreover, if a new member chooses to identify his/her location in the intro, it can open up more opportunities for fellow shooters within the area to meet and share relevant info or shoot at organized events.
The "Introduce Yourself" section was put in place for a reason. Whether or not a person chooses to utilize it, it's their choice/prerogative. As stated by your so called "Horse" quote, I cannot force the new member to submit an intro, but i can suggest a path to help that person. My intention was to simply suggest an intro by the member would narrow down his/her choices and open up more suggestions.

I appreciate your reply my friend!
I am also a new member in here and have posted only a couple of times so far but...I believe that only two kind of members would post such a vague question without being bothered to offer some basic info before:
-the ones who just want to take quickly something (info/help ecc.) without giving anything back...
-the ones who just don't know the right way to ask questions...
I think the fact that you DID dedicate some time leading the horse to the water (adding to the msg of DocGadget) is the right thing to do because
- It shows to the members of the first category that they have to GIVE something before asking for something back!
- It shows to the members of the second category that in this site there are people willing to help the ones willing to learn...
:)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:38 am 

It is 30% gun 70% shooter,I am new to adult air rifles also.i have a Benjamin Shockey Steel Eagle.It is a non pal gun has a harsh firing cycle and takes a lot of practice to shoot well.I put well over a 1000 pellets through mine before I started to get 1" groups out of it.You didn't mention a budget.You can spend thousands on a match grade air rifle or others on this forum get 1/4" groups with a $100 Crosman.Are you looking for a break barrel?side/underlever?Co2?multi pump?pcp?If you want a good answer people need as much info as possible to give you an informed answer not just a wild guess as to what your really looking for.This is a Great forum.I have learned a lot in the past few months on here and most people will help out if you ask nicely.In fact this forum has renewed my faith in people in general there is a lot of people offering help,guidance etc.Check out the equipment review section your question might be answered there.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:07 pm 

You really don't need to spend thousands. A relatively inexpensive HW97 sub 500fps .177, that with the addition of mounts and a scope, can have you sniping targets for under a thousand dollars.

With that rifle, you will have an accurate, high quality rifle that will last generations.

See https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:25 pm 

peterdulux wrote:
Diana 24 or 240.

Good choice or maybe a Slavia 630/631 or HW30

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:56 pm 

If he's new he could do better with a scoped Crosman pumpmaster. I personnaly don't like multi-pumps at all but it would be easier and give a better "sniper" experience to a new comer IMHO.
He'll probably find a springer harder to "snipe" with. Then again if he wants to snipe soda cans in his backyard a RedRyder will do.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun