Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:06 pm 

Funny you should mention the P17, I just received a shipping quote from Canada Shooting Supply. And the 2240 is on my short list. Geez"................here we go again.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:37 pm 

Crosshair54 wrote:
Funny you should mention the P17, I just received a shipping quote from Canada Shooting Supply. And the 2240 is on my short list. Geez"................here we go again.

OK, now if you don't have that 2240 yet, you can still be saved. Just stop looking at it, shut the computer down, get out of the house, go see some friends (no airgunners!!!), have a walk, go to the pool, anything but air guns :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

That didn't work for me, in the last two weeks I bought 4 more air guns! Don't get to that point :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:51 pm 

If you find yourself buying too many airguns, you need to start lusting for some Air Arms/FX/Anschutz/Steyrs/Feinwerkbau/Morini/Pardini...

That will usually slow down the rate of airgun acquisition... but it won't be of any help as far as the balance of your slush-fund account :axe:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:30 pm 

......You shoot bullets, they're gone ! ......You buy airguns, aah ....an investment.....an 'inheritance' ...... a never ending source of interest .......Just sit back, relax, write cheques and enjoy !

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:55 pm 

Just received my Hatsan 25 cal and this guys all smiles tonight. :lol: can't wait to get out and have some fun.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:19 am 

I was starting a collection then decided to just pair down to one pistol and one rifle.

That was fine for one season. Now I find myself shopping for something else but then I feel guilty about even considering another but I just can't help myself.

As for the wife, she doesn't really get it and I don't blame her. I usually tell her once the box arrives. Goes like this..

"what's in the box?". A gun.
"Another gun!?". Yeah.
"Don't you already have enough?". Well this one is .177 and the pellets are cheaper. (Or whatever justification I used to convince myself but I know is bs)
"How much was it?". Uhhh... several .. hundred..
When I finally admit the amount I get a glare followed by, "You paid x for a BB gun?!".
But it's made in Germany. By hand. By magical elves. "And???"

After 5 minutes I'm good though. We both manage finances so we both have our own spending money. She just thinks I'm crazy but I also think one purse should suffice so it sort of all just cancels itself out.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:26 pm 

Yeah.. and as soon as you get the p17 you'll realize that it's more fun with a .22 caliber barrel, then oh, I need another p 17 so I don't have to switch the barrels back and forth.. Still waiting on the 2240, upgraded my optimus, thought I'd save my self a few bucks but you know what? the stock isn't quite right, so .. You know, i need to keep shopping for a rifle where I like the stock (sound logic in my opinion) and now that I'm in the air gun biz so to speak, people are always trying to sell me (or give) used guns.. I'm up to 18 or 19 now.. I've lost count. I'll post some pictures soon enough, but they are all pretty generic low levels guns. My most recent addition is a 1960's crosman c38 I believe.. modeled after the model 15 target masterpiece. fell out of a garbage can.. Now I just have to stop it from leaking gas..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:51 am 

rizaloo wrote:

"what's in the box?". A gun.
"Another gun!?". Yeah.
"Don't you already have enough?". Well this one is .177 and the pellets are cheaper. (Or whatever justification I used to convince myself but I know is bs)
"How much was it?". Uhhh... several .. hundred..
When I finally admit the amount I get a glare followed by, "You paid x for a BB gun?!".
But it's made in Germany. By hand. By magical elves. "And???"

Well, at least you admit to "several" hundreds... me, I'm still at the "a few" hundreds... :wink: