Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:49 am 

Spent last weekend at Camrose Huntmania where me and my son and partner,Jacob, AKA Jake, had 2 tables. I took my Bam XS-B50 multisbot, QB78 mutishot, which cocks on opening mod and 2240 multishot to display my work. Jake displayed chassis he builds for long range precision rifles. Since the crowd were mostly firearm shooters, I feel it's right to include him in this. Crowd wasn't big but we got excellent attendance due to interest in Jakes custom work. And since some of the firearm shooters also shoot airguns I got my fair share of attention. I also had several airguns for sale including a Medalist 1322 that I had customized with aluminum breech and brass bolt. Sold several guns so it was pretty good. Will be doing posts on the QB78 multishot and 2240 multishot in the mods and repairs section in next few days. Need Mrs B,s help with photos and she's to busy renovating right now.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:42 am 

I would like to add that I feel it is important to participate in events like this. Most firearm shooters aren't aware of the power of PCPs and many didn't know they even exist. To them all airguns are BB guns. Kids toys. I continually point out to them shrinking areas you can shoot a firearm and the chance it gives them to practice where you couldn't fire a 22 short.

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:36 pm 

Sounds great. I think any post using words like "custom work" should have some pics, no? :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:00 pm 

I'm very computer illiterate. Haven't even figured out how to get photos from phone to computer, so Mrs B does this for me. I did a post on mods and repairs with her help with photos. Unfortunately neither of us knew how to proceed as this was my first. So every time it said post she did and ended up 3 separate posts on customizing my XS-B 50. I also have a website innovativemachining.ca with photos, again set up by my wife. Will see if can pry her away from her renovating to post photos.

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:58 pm 

Working on uploading picture from iPhone.
Attachment:
IMG_8491.JPG
IMG_8491.JPG [ 137.52 KiB | Viewed 646 times ]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:14 pm 

Above photo QB78 8 shot repeater. Now for photo of 2240 8 shot.
Attachment:
IMG_0829.JPG
IMG_0829.JPG [ 262.65 KiB | Viewed 642 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:20 pm 

Well that was worth sorting out, very nice indeed. So what have you done there again exactly? Does the bolt action operate an 8 shot rotary mag that loads the next pellet? Very clever.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:18 pm 

Pistol maurader 8 shot, self indexing clips. Rstearn's idea. Actually if you follow Stearn's projects it's better than going to trades school. Whenever I'm racking my brains over a problem I ask myself, what would Stearn do about this and search thru his posts. There are probably better machinists and designers among forum members but no one else presents their projects and the build steps with photos like Stearn does.

Ron

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:16 pm 

balan wrote:
Working on uploading picture from iPhone.
Attachment:
IMG_8491.JPG

Great Job Ron! See you in Stony Plain soon!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:50 pm 

Thank you Apitagan. Just to clarify for other airgunners I will be displaying the QB,2240, and XS-B 50 at a gun show in Stony Plain in the Pavilion at Heritage Park this weekend, March 4&5th. Also hope to have an AR2078 ready. All guns have my repeating breechs which work very well. Anyone interested in a repeating breech can come and have a closeup look.

Ron

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:19 pm 

balan wrote:
Thank you Apitagan. Just to clarify for other airgunners I will be displaying the QB,2240, and XS-B 50 at a gun show in Stony Plain in the Pavilion at Heritage Park this weekend, March 4&5th. Also hope to have an AR2078 ready. All guns have my repeating breechs which work very well. Anyone interested in a repeating breech can come and have a closeup look.

Ron

Sounds great, Ron. Any added details would help (days and times, directions, etc.) I'd love to stop by - here's hoping the weekend remains clear. :D

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:32 am 

Dates are March 4&5th. Address is 5100-41st ave. It's on the very north west corner of Stony Plain just south of highway 16A. You need to access the town thru the overpass which is west of the lights which are the first access into Stony Plain going west on 16A. Cross overpass going south and turn right at first set of lights. Go to end of street and turn right again. You will be going north on 50th street which will take you up to 41ave on the left or west side of 50th St. This will take you past the Pavillion. Reason for all the runaround is you can't access this street straight of 16A unless you're going west on 16A. Can't remember but I believe doors open to the public at10:00 AM.

Ron

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:49 am 

Forgot to mention if you come on theYellowhead exit at the overpass into Stony Plain and it will get you to the same place. The lights you turn right on are on 44th ave. Hope to see you there.

Ron