Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Le Baron
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:27 am 

Did not know LeBaron is "No More".

Well looks like it will be Cdn Tire as always.

Arsenal..
Kraft Marshmallow Pump and Shoot Rifle.
GoodYear Gatling Gun rubber-band shooter.
PEI Potato PCP Rifle.

Glass ..12" Dobsonian Reflector.
Shooting for the Stars.

Post subject: Re: Le Baron
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:15 am 

2240mod wrote:
Did not know LeBaron is "No More".

Well looks like it will be Cdn Tire as always.

No way they could compete with Calebas.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:32 pm 

jckstrthmghty wrote:
No way they could compete with Calebas.

They had a good selection and decent prices. I think there was more than one way they could compete with Cabelas.

However, they were still paper-based. Paper forms for buying guns, paper catalog. Even the website was a terrible conversion of the paper catalog with no way to shop online. You would think it would be a fairly easy move from catalog to online store, compared to stores without any way to service remote clients.

They had supply problems, stock problems, and it seemed a strained relation between the stores and head office. It was obvious there was no plan for the future, no plan to modernize. They probably only had Interac because the bank offered it in the same device as for credit card processing.

As I understand it, a split in the family that owned it resulted in SAIL, eventually. True or not, an unwillingness to change is probably at the root of their demise and I think it didn't have to be that way.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:45 pm 

I went there many many years ago. I was looking at airguns and was looked at from head to toe.
I was looking for a "toy", not a real gun. I wasn't a real client. I was cutoff to go serve a "real" client. I turned arround and left and never went back once.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:01 pm 

I bought my Nitro Venom from Lebaron in Mississauga while visiting the GTA.Got the same feeling there.....like I was buying a toy to play with.The older female salesperson asked me if I needed to buy some Nitro gas to go with the air gun.... :roll: ....until another person there explained to her it wasn't necessary....I never went back....

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:30 pm 

Le Baron was a great company, their catalog was very nice. I remember the hand drawn pictures of the firearms, some were great renditions!

However, they did not modernize their operation. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did!