Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:08 am 

With SSSO apparently closing up shop (I'm basing this on their dwindling inventory) and many others not really carrying imports, where do you guys see yourselves buying imported (i.e. Weihrauch) air rifles from?

I really envy those who can just walk in a shop and have a huge selection. Where I'm from, all you have are the U.S. cheapos like Crosman/Benjamin and I'm not really a fan of those personally, although they do the job just fine.

I'm looking to pickup a new Weihrauch for the season and I'd welcome any CURRENT / up-to-date advice as to where to take my business.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:53 am 

D&L Airguns in B.C.
One of the best in the business https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Weihrauch/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:18 am 

bobtodrick wrote:
D&L Airguns in B.C.
One of the best in the business https://www.dlairgun.com/Air-Rifles/Weihrauch/

Absolutely. Kelley is the woman I deal with there. Never had an issue. Last rifle I purchased was a blue laminate 97 from them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:53 am 

As mentioned in other threads, this is likely due to the implementation of the UN Small Arms Treaty in June. Firearms need to be specifically engraved when they are imported into Canada. I am not sure if a non-PAL airgun would need to be engraved.

I believe the engraving requirements will be difficult to meet for many smaller companies. I have heard that the Weihrauch serial numbers themselves do not meet the requirements - they are not deep enough. I suspect trying to import airguns from the US or Europe will be severely impacted.

A couple months ago, I ordered a HW95 and HW50 from Mundilar in Portugal without any issues - although customs opened the boxes. I am not sure importation would be permitted under the new UN rules without paying extra to have the engraving done before the firearms are released by customs.

There may not be any options except D&L and Airgun Source. These dealers seem to be the only ones that seem to be operating as if they can find or have a solution to the new regulations.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:20 am 

lastballfan wrote:
As mentioned in other threads, this is likely due to the implementation of the UN Small Arms Treaty in June. Firearms need to be specifically engraved when they are imported into Canada. I am not sure if a non-PAL airgun would need to be engraved.

I believe the engraving requirements will be difficult to meet for many smaller companies. I have heard that the Weihrauch serial numbers themselves do not meet the requirements - they are not deep enough. I suspect trying to import airguns from the US or Europe will be severely impacted.

A couple months ago, I ordered a HW95 and HW50 from Mundilar in Portugal without any issues - although customs opened the boxes. I am not sure importation would be permitted under the new UN rules without paying extra to have the engraving done before the firearms are released by customs.

There may not be any options except D&L and Airgun Source. These dealers seem to be the only ones that seem to be operating as if they can find or have a solution to the new regulations.

What was the reason for buying from Portugal? Just couldn't get them here?
Exchange rate not too favourable...

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:09 pm 

No one in Canada had any in stock and late spring/early summer 2017 was estimated delivery date for next shipment. I wanted to avoid any issues with the UN arms treaty.

Buying from Portugal, the total shipped cost with HST was a bit less than ordering from the Canada (roughly $180 less if someone had stock) and about the same as the US. I tried to use Krale, but they stopped shipping to Canada.

Other than the 3 week wait with strange tracking information everything went great. The shipment did sit in customs for about 10 days which caused some angst....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:52 pm 

I cant seem to reach the SSSO website at the moment. had no trouble the other day...was looking at some of the remaining Diana's for sale.

EDIT: OK now, DNS issue.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:57 pm 

Thanks guys. I've used dl before but sadly they don't have the gun I want :/

As I suspected there is simply no where else to get it from Canada.

- For the challenge: Weihrauch HW45 Black Star Pistol (.22 cal)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:29 pm 

Try Mundilar (http://www.mundilar.net) if you want to import yourself or oshoot.ca if you want someone else to handle it though they costs a fair bit more.

Just be careful that it can be imported - no functional shrouds, suppressors or bullpup stocks... I am not sure what other regulations there might be.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:37 pm 

I live 5 minutes from Niagara Falls by border so the only gun I got from US I shipped to buddy's mailbox and went over myself and picked it up and brought it over. Just had to pay tax. I called a friend that works at border first and he told me just HST. It was easy and I go over every couple weeks for gas and beer and such. I buy a lot of stuff om Ebay and get it all shipped there and pick it up. Way cheaper shipping usually.