Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:35 am 

Hi all,
Not sure if this is the best forum for this question so please feel free to redirect me.
I am trying to buy some target shooting grade air rifle pellets (ie. RWS / H&N, professional line/competition grade, .177)
in bulk (25 000+) and I am shopping around for the best price. If any of you are retailers/wholesalers or simply have seen a decent price recently. Please let me know. :D :D

Thanks and happy shooting

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:06 am 

Could be that I'm the only one who doesn't know, but...what the heck is "target shooting grade"???

What shoots best out of your rifle/pistol?

As for decent prices...Princess Auto had .177 jsb's on clearance a few weeks back...I "clearanced" them right out of stock. $6.93/tin for 7.33gr RS

Al

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:58 pm 

Gippeto wrote:
Could be that I'm the only one who doesn't know, but...what the heck is "target shooting grade"???

What shoots best out of your rifle/pistol?

As for decent prices...Princess Auto had .177 jsb's on clearance a few weeks back...I "clearanced" them right out of stock. $6.93/tin for 7.33gr RS

Al

I got my 9 tins... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:22 pm 

H&N Pellets, including their target grades, in several head diameters, are available on eBay at....

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Your-one-stop-H- ... 7dbe82bed7

The vendor is "nikkonos" and he is great to deal with.... How any given pellet shoots out of YOUR gun, of course, is something you should determine before buying 25,000 of them.... I would think he could quote you a "bulk price"....

Bob

Proud Member of the 2000+fps Club!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:21 am 

To reply to Gippeto and anyone else who's wondering. Target grade means competition quality wadcutters for olympic style ISSF ten meter target shooting. I agree that it should be whatever shoots best out of your gun but these are not for me, they are for a shooting club that has a variety of equipment for it's members, from Feinwerkbau to Walther to Morini and Steyer and we don't have the luxury of pairing pellets to equipment. We leave that to members who own their own guns.

Nikkonos is great to deal with but doesn't have the best "bulk" prices.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:39 am 

So...like this..... just a "wee tad" more than I'm used to paying for .177 pellets... :lol:

http://www.airgunsource.com/rws-r10-mat ... 0gr/dp/181

Al

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:48 am 

best bet is to buy a JSB sleeves from the forum stone best price shipping anywhere.

I got 3 X 10 sleeves in last few years.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:58 am 

Have you contacted the major dealers -- Airgun Source, D&L Airguns, Specialty Shooting Sports, Scopes and Ammo -- and requested a "bulk price"? You might get a good one from any or all of them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 6:51 am 

You may also try Tesro, I don't know if they offer any bulk price, but it's worth a try.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:42 am 

newgunboy wrote:
To reply to Gippeto and anyone else who's wondering. Target grade means competition quality wadcutters for olympic style ISSF ten meter target shooting. I agree that it should be whatever shoots best out of your gun but these are not for me, they are for a shooting club that has a variety of equipment for it's members, from Feinwerkbau to Walther to Morini and Steyer and we don't have the luxury of pairing pellets to equipment. We leave that to members who own their own guns.

Nikkonos is great to deal with but doesn't have the best "bulk" prices.

For "club" use, using "club" equipment, I'd give serious consideration to the H&N Sport. I've been using them for the last two years as training pellets...

Nikkonos more often than not has the best price on H&N. To get a bigger discount, you'd need to order more than 25,000... as many shooters will order them in 5,000 sleeves.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 12:47 pm 

I'm going to check over our price lists at work and see if I can put together a quote for you. Do you want "match grade" pellets.. I.e individually sorted by batch and weight or are you ok with like.. rws or jsb precision wadcutters? I could even put together a variety for you if you'd like. Just shoot me a PM with a little bit more info