Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:53 pm 

Hi everyone !

So I'm as brand new as they come, I've done a ton of research and I have even more questions, so hopefully I've come to the right place :) I'd like to thank you all for your time it's much appreciated. I also speak French fluently, so if for some of you it's easier to answer me in French feel free to do so.

First off let's start with the manifest so we know the mods we're dealing with, all this stuff is on the way and technically I should have everything by mid April and I'll list my questions at the bottom.

Colt Gov. 1911 A1
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
9x 8 shot rotary refills
11mm Dovetail&Weaver Rail
Ncstar reflex sight 4 diff. rets
Ambi Shoulder Holster

1200 RWS Hyper Velocity .177 pellet
500 RWS R10 .177 Match grade pellet
725 H&N Hornet, .177 pellet
2000 Winchester Hollow Points pellet
2000 Winchester Round Nose pellet

Ncstar Universal Gun Cleaning kit

Umarex Steel Force
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Airsoft 20Mm black tactic Condor CBT Sling
Foregrip
Ncstar Tac laser+flashlight
Ncstar AR15 Gen2 Short 3/4in Riser
Ncstar Tri-Rail Series 3-9X42 Compact Mil-Dot Rifle Scope

12000 Umarex precision steel BBs
10000 Swiss Arms Steel BBs

RWS 0.177 Shooters kit

For 1911 and Steel Force
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Tactical Black Rifle Case
5x Pellgun oil
1x Aim Top Silicone Grease
125x CO2 Cylinder

Benjamin Trail NP2 .22 Cal Synthetic Stock
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ncstar Vism Evo P4 Rifle scope
Hawke 30mm High 2piece Weaver Rings
Stoeger Arms ATAC Suppressor Air Rifle Bipod, Foldable
2x Bipod Rail, Fits UTG Master Sniper Rifle (going to require some careful drilling)

800 Predator Polymag, .22, pellet

RWS .22 Cal Shooter's Kit
Ncstar 52x13in Scopee Ready Gun Case

1) First off I've picked the right mods for the run products correct ? Everything seems legit, I know the Benjamin tripod looks funny we'll get to that after.
2) What do you think of the ammunition ? Anything you don't see there that you recommend from experience ?
3) I felt the scope on the umarex steel would be a little low forcing you to stick your face on it so I got a riser, what do you think is that going to work the way I think it will ? How does it affect the sight ?
4) For the Benjamin the plan is to drill those 2 small Bipod rails into the chassi (one on each side) then attach the bipod (bipod is seperate legs, if you google the name you'll see what it looks like it'll make sense). Is this going to work the way I think it will or is everyone cringing right now lol. I'm honestly petrified, I have a feeling if it's done right it'll be a amazing but I'm scared down to even what drill bit to use to bore the holes.
5) Would this modification work on the Benjamin ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6iQ6UMYE3NA
6) Would coating my pellets doing crazy stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6zodqT3xOc damage the air rifle or pistol in any way ?
7) What do I have to consider when mounting the sights and lasers ? Is there pitfalls noobs like me usually fall into ?
8 ) Did I get the right weaver rings for that scope I got for the Benjamin ? (30mm)
9) I'm in Montreal, Quebec. Any fanatics nearby ? Maybe I can get you a few coffees and pay you for your time, I feel it would be a lot easier that way and
maybe we can do some shooting! Ammo's on me :)
10) How do I store these things ? Can I put the gun in the case with the scope attached or will that damage it ?

I'm sure more stuff will come up but I find this is a good place to start.