Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Just scored an IZH-60
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:04 pm 

These supposedly have the steel breech. Wont know until I get it.
Talked to the owner I think (Frank) at Ark Army Surplus awhile ago and said it would be great if he started to import some Russian and Chinese stuff. Low margins probably, but there aint that many places to get them locally....maybe this is a start.

$140 bucks and a steal for this IMHO.

http://www.arkarmysurplus.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1371&category_id=82&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=10079

Just noticed it says out of stock now, but same thing happened when I bought the John Wayne Shootist LE model...said out of stock, then after a day it was available for about a week until he sold out.

I already have 2 of the 61's..one of my favorite rifles, especially for indoor use. Very quiet, low effort, maybe 450fps with a tail wind. Shoot cheap Crosman Premiers all day long. Oh, and it looks cool :)

Theres a Russian fellow pops up here now and again who will sell you a gas-ram kit for these. Very inexpensive, but I dont know if I want to fool with mine. Sort of happy with the results as is.

About 9 yards indoors

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:17 pm 

These little rifles have some spring twang AKA sproing. The gas ram eliminates that.
At first I had regrets because I went from a nice shooting rifle with spring twang to a light weight rifle that kicked like a mule but it went away with a little breaking time.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:53 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
These little rifles have some spring twang AKA sproing. The gas ram eliminates that.
At first I had regrets because I went from a nice shooting rifle with spring twang to a light weight rifle that kicked like a mule but it went away with a little breaking time.

All right. I happen to respect your opinion quite a bit. I'll order a couple.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:19 am 

I have a IZH-60 with Gas Ram... want to buy?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:30 am 

I liked the IZH 60. But I wish it had a metal receiver and I wasn't a huge fan of the stock. If they put it in a traditional stock then it would be better. But accurate gun for sure, and the trigger was nice.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:52 am 

FRANK wrote:
I have a IZH-60 with Gas Ram... want to buy?

I already have 3 and the rams are like 25 bucks, so no, but thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 am 

leadslinger wrote:
I liked the IZH 60. But I wish it had a metal receiver and I wasn't a huge fan of the stock. If they put it in a traditional stock then it would be better. But accurate gun for sure, and the trigger was nice.

I just accept it for what it is :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:22 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

All right. I happen to respect your opinion quite a bit. I'll order a couple.

It's still not Diana 24 smooth and kicks a bit but it's really linear compared to the twist the original one has. I think it kicks too much for such a light weight springer.
It's not really an improvement but it doesn't make it worst either, just different.
And I don't know where you'll get your gas ram at 25$ but we had to do a group buy so shipping wouldn't cost and arm and a leg. It was very expensive AND it took forever to get here. I'm talking weeks but months!!!
I feel honored to have earned your respect.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm 

My post disappeared from yesterday, I will try again. AVG says that website has a VIRUS, don't go there. Anyone else get that message?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 6:27 pm 

hey Robert r. I was going to mention this earlier about ark website. I bought a gun off there about a year ago and everything was fine . but now every time I try the website I get a malicious redirect alert. I don't know what the problem is.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:59 pm 

Yeah Pete AVG gave me the choice to proceed to the website but I decided against it, to bad I wanted to check it out.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:28 pm 

I doubt these would have the steel breech. Only the first gen IZH60 and 61s had the steel breech and adjustable trigger.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:30 am 

TriggerHappy416 wrote:
I doubt these would have the steel breech. Only the first gen IZH60 and 61s had the steel breech and adjustable trigger.

Let you know in a day or two

Doc.....check out dealers corner....Russian parts for airguns...25 bucks.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:38 am 

ITGUY wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

TH416... is right i highly doubt it myself, not to many people give up there steel breach IZH-60
i have the 60 and 61 both none steel breach i think there great little shooters... 8)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:02 am 

Ace wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:

TH416... is right i highly doubt it myself, not to many people give up there steel breach IZH-60
i have the 60 and 61 both none steel breach i think there great little shooters... 8)

I agree completely. I found a steel breech used one, but the price was 350 bucks. I didn't want to pay it.

The odds of my brand new one being steel are pretty thin I suppose, but you never know. Should be here today or tomorrow. :)