Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:25 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:
I doubt these would have the steel breech. Only the first gen IZH60 and 61s had the steel breech and adjustable trigger.

Let you know in a day or two

Doc.....check out dealers corner....Russian parts for airguns...25 bucks.

Check the shipping and customs charges before ordering...

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:59 am 

DocGadget wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
TriggerHappy416 wrote:
I doubt these would have the steel breech. Only the first gen IZH60 and 61s had the steel breech and adjustable trigger.

Let you know in a day or two

Doc.....check out dealers corner....Russian parts for airguns...25 bucks.

I'm sure it will end up being closer to 50 bucks CAD by the time it gets here, but c'mon, give me a break here...you asked me to show you 25 bucks and I did Doc. ;)

Shipping wont be that much as I'm buying 3 of them.

Now unfortunately my rifle shipment was delayed last week but I do expect it Tue or Wed.

The ONLY chance I have of it being steel breech is if it is NOS in which case I will buy 5 more instantly, but i really doubt it will be, as you said.

Thats fine. They are a phenomenally accurate little rifle that is very quiet and easy to cock, can be shot indoors all day long without bothering anyone.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:31 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
DocGadget wrote:

I'm sure it will end up being closer to 50 bucks CAD by the time it gets here, but c'mon, give me a break here...you asked me to show you 25 bucks and I did Doc. ;)

Shipping wont be that much as I'm buying 3 of them.

Now unfortunately my rifle shipment was delayed last week but I do expect it Tue or Wed.

The ONLY chance I have of it being steel breech is if it is NOS in which case I will buy 5 more instantly, but i really doubt it will be, as you said.

Thats fine. They are a phenomenally accurate little rifle that is very quiet and easy to cock, can be shot indoors all day long without bothering anyone.

It's a very accurate little rifle and very enjoyable to shoot all day long.
Some guy here, did a little work on his rifle (shimed the piston, put better sights on it, small stuff) and he was hitting the 10 all day long. He was getting close to olympic shooting with his IZH-60. He was getting around 95/100 if I remember right.
I think we paid much more than that for our shipping.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:05 am 

Got it earlier today, just opened box, plastic just like my 61's. Not disappointed as that's what I sort of figured, but there was always that small chance :) I'll live.

This one was made September 24 2013. Came with the usual oiled paper and a cleaning rod, also wrapped.

Bolt seems to open upon cocking...Still playing around.

Doc, Tom Gaylord the Pyramid blogger also wrote that he knew a fellow who spent a lot of money having a. 10 meter Olympic stock made for his as it was freakishly accurate.

In any case, I'm sure out of the box it will be more accurate than I am.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:01 pm 

have a metal 61, not selling lol

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:30 am 

JAG1 wrote:
have a metal 61, not selling lol

As mentioned, I have been offered 2 of them to date. Although I could have bought them 10 times over, I felt 350 bucks was not worth it, so passed.

Glad you have a steel breech model and perhaps one day I'll come across one at a price I feel like paying :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:33 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
Got it earlier today, just opened box, plastic just like my 61's. Not disappointed as that's what I sort of figured, but there was always that small chance :) I'll live.

This one was made September 24 2013. Came with the usual oiled paper and a cleaning rod, also wrapped.

Doc, Tom Gaylord the Pyramid blogger also wrote that he knew a fellow who spent a lot of money having a. 10 meter Olympic stock made for his as it was freakishly accurate.

Yes the bolt opens up when you pull on the lever. It's a great little rifle.
Before you get your gas ram you can always shim the piston by cutting up an empty soda can and using the aluminium. Quite easy to do and improves the shooting experience and accuracy.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:09 pm 

DocGadget wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

Before you get your gas ram you can always shim the piston by cutting up an empty soda can and using the aluminium. Quite easy to do and improves the shooting experience and accuracy.

Ive done that to more than a few of my Chinese guns...may have learned it from you :)

The last hour or so I have been fooling around with it. Of course its only about 9 yards, but everything I've been putting thru it is one ragged hole with one or two flyers from me every 10 shots to wreck it....but for open sights I'll take it.

I cant even tell what it likes yet as I need more distance. Daisy pointed and flat nose, Crosman pointed and flat nose, JSB round nose, Meister's pistol flat nose...all of them make a nickel or little bigger sized sized hole. Really is hard to believe how accurate these little suckers are, all of mine are very good.

I mean, they look like they are put together out of cock-eyed Lego blocks, painted black barrel, plastic furniture, plastic sights, plastic trigger..oops, polymer......a dainty cocking lever and a spring from a BB gun....and all of the ones I own are FREAKISHLY accurate.

Gee, maybe there is something to this low velocity thing huh? :lol: Look at the Daisy Avanti 499 BB rifle...most accurate BB rifle going...and only 240fps.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:31 am 

ITGUY wrote:
DocGadget wrote:
ITGUY wrote:

Ive done that to more than a few of my Chinese guns...may have learned it from you :)

The last hour or so I have been fooling around with it. Of course its only about 9 yards, but everything I've been putting thru it is one ragged hole with one or two flyers from me every 10 shots to wreck it....but for open sights I'll take it.

I cant even tell what it likes yet as I need more distance. Daisy pointed and flat nose, Crosman pointed and flat nose, JSB round nose, Meister's pistol flat nose...all of them make a nickel or little bigger sized sized hole. Really is hard to believe how accurate these little suckers are, all of mine are very good.

I mean, they look like they are put together out of cock-eyed Lego blocks, painted black barrel, plastic furniture, plastic sights, plastic trigger..oops, polymer......a dainty cocking lever and a spring from a BB gun....and all of the ones I own are FREAKISHLY accurate.

Gee, maybe there is something to this low velocity thing huh? :lol: Look at the Daisy Avanti 499 BB rifle...most accurate BB rifle going...and only 240fps.

It's really surprising when you know what they used to sell for. I think these guys really know how to make guns and make excellent barrels.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:09 am 

Yes, I thought I read somewhere they hammer forged the barrel, which in my opinion is better than say button rifling for example, although these days with modern machines all rifling is probably FAR better than it used to be...still, its a fantastic little gun and I'm very happy to own a few.

EDIT: ARK shows one in stock again by the way

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:40 pm 

7 shots 8 yards. One of best ever targets \ group with open sights, even at that short distance

First two upper left, then adjusted sights. Final five is the big hole. Center bull different rifle with pointed Crosman from earlier. That was Hatsan M25 w/redot. Took it out, fired one shot, put it away lol.

Gawd I love these little Baikal's :) :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:00 pm 

ITGUY wrote:
Gawd I love these little Baikal's :) :)

there good little shooter 8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGhnAAKEMpk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:51 am 

Thanks for taking the time to post the video. That FW sight looks killer. Helps that the guy can shoot too :)

One of my repeaters has a short unitized rail with a bug buster on it, but I'm not sure it's "quite" as accurate as this recent single shot is. Have to test more. Jezx made a nice barrel weight for that one.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:29 am 

I have two IZH 61 and IZH 60...one is scoped and one with Williams Rear Sight
might be putting them up for sale soon need to start thinning the heard to many toys not enough time to play... :(

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:40 am 

Ace wrote:
I have two IZH 61 and IZH 60...one is scoped and one with Williams Rear Sight
might be putting them up for sale soon need to start thinning the heard to many toys not enough time to play... :(

I would certainly recommend anyone interested to snap them up, if you sell them.

Who knows when the supply is going to dry up. As mentioned, iirc, the inspectors stamp on my recently purchased one was September 2014.