Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:42 am 

sillymike wrote:
ITGUY, maybe I've got my tinfoil-hat a little too tight this morning... but openly admitting to a fraudulent declaration on a public forum... Is a good way to get you, your company and the people you deal with in trouble.

It is an offence to

- Issue a false statements when asked to give statements pursuant to the Customs Act
- Smuggle goods into Canada
- Destroy records to avoid compliance with the Customs Act
- Evade any payments of duties that are owed
- Make false records to avoid compliance with the Customs Act

:axe:

Personally, one of my employee uses our US offices to bypass/evade regulations.
- It would be considered a breach of trust and ethics.
- That employee would face disciplinary action, and would probably be dismissed.

Where is the open admission to fraud?

What offense?

You should re-read my comments....more carefully this time.

Bypass? Evade? All that is in your own mind dude....I said "worked out differently".

Interesting that your thought process immediately goes to illegal activities...hmmm.

Thanks for the heads up though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:44 am 

ITGUY wrote:
sillymike wrote:
ITGUY, maybe I've got my tinfoil-hat a little too tight this morning... but openly admitting to a fraudulent declaration on a public forum... Is a good way to get you, your company and the people you deal with in trouble.

It is an offence to

- Issue a false statements when asked to give statements pursuant to the Customs Act

- That employee would face disciplinary action, and would probably be dismissed.

What offense?

Bypass? Evade? All that is in your own mind dude....I said "worked out differently".

Interesting that your thought process immediately goes to illegal activities...hmmm.

Sending working guns in pieces as "repairs" to get them thru.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:46 am 

leadslinger wrote:
ITGUY wrote:
sillymike wrote:

It is an offence to

What offense?

Sending working guns in pieces as "repairs" to get them thru.

Not illegal sorry.

EDIT: Yes, you are both right and I'm in the wrong.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:09 am 

ITGUY wrote:
I will mention it once again, the way to beat Canada Customs is to have the shipper declare REPAIR on the customs paperwork. It especially helps if only the action is shipped for example.

If the item wasn't repaired and you declare it as such, it is a fraudulent declaration.

ITGUY wrote:
Getting a large company to do this for you is very difficult as they dont want to be bothered, but for example I had some very expensive rims drop shipped from California to a powder coating house in the same state. They stripped them and powder coated them, then shipped to me. Insurance value was 5 grand, but declared REPAIR value was 400 dollars.

$5,000 rims + the value of the additional work done on them, declared as $400... it is a fraudulent declaration

ITGUY wrote:
I've also received 2 firearms from the U.S. in the past. Both were shipped in pieces, both were marked as repair, both came through no problem.

I won't even bother touching this one...

ITGUY wrote:
I am lucky in that I dont have to bother with that nonsense anymore as we have a U.S. office now and things can be worked out differently.....

It certainly sounds like you are using the company US office to your personal benefit.
- Does your company have a HR department? If so, you might want to bounce it off with them, to see if it falls within acceptable company policy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:32 pm 

Hope this gets back to the original post and we find out why it was sent back.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:58 pm 

I'm curious too, Peter. Wondering if this Politically inspired BS nonsense is what will become common practice.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:01 pm 

My guess is a "postal" rule violation.
If Custom would have received it, and they didn't approve of it, the recipient would have gotten a noticed.
As with Canada post, they will simply return it to the sender.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:38 pm 

Am I wrong, but a certain time ago, Canada Post stated that they do not accept fire arms anymore, is'nt it...

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:07 pm 

Probably a little more to the story. All the speculation doesn't help.

Hopefully the op can shed some light on the original story.

It's not like HW97 are banned or anything.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:06 pm 

silentman wrote:
Am I wrong, but a certain time ago, Canada Post stated that they do not accept fire arms anymore, is'nt it...

You are wrong. I shipped one out Thursday.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:14 pm 

According to the RCMP only Canada Post is allowed to ship firearms. So, I would be surprised if Canada Post is no longer shipping guns...

"Q. Can I send firearms in the mail?

You may ship restricted firearms, non-restricted firearms and prohibited handguns from one Canadian location to another Canadian location if you use the most secure method offered by Canada Post that requires a signature upon delivery. Prohibited firearms, other than prohibited handguns, and firearms being shipped across the Canadian border, must be shipped by an individual or carrier company licensed under the Firearms Act to transport those classes of firearms.

You are required by law to ship firearms unloaded and in a safe and secure manner to deter loss, theft and accidents."
Source http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/faq/trans-eng.htm#d3

I would be surprised if Canada Post is now refusing to domestically ship firearms. Every gun I have bought that was shipped except one came via Canada Post. The one exception was shipped using UPS and the seller was an Ontario gun shop.

I would like to hear why the shipment was refused. Mtl_Biker helped me with my order from Mundilar in Portugal which got held up in customs for a while back in December 2016.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:20 am 

I've received several guns this year through Canada post so yes they do handle guns.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:01 pm 

leadslinger wrote:
silentman wrote:

You are wrong. I shipped one out Thursday.

8) And I shipped one out a week ago so that is not the case.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:32 am 

I got a followup reply from Krale about the air rifle shipment which was rejected and returned to them. All they said was, "The package was just sent back to us because it containted a "rifle", that's the reason why it was send back."

What I cannot determine for sure (I asked) is whether it was rejected by Netherlands Post, or Canada Post. I suspect whatever happened, happened BEFORE it arrived in Canada. And it could be a case of someone not understanding that it was an air rifle and thinking it was a powder burning rifle. I have no idea whether that's allowed through Netherlands Post or not, but I think this is what happened.

Very unlikely that Canada Post changed its policy and rejected this. I don't think it even made it to them at all.

Air Arms S400 MPR FT .177
Steyr EVO 10
Benjamin Sheridan 397P
Stoeger X5 (non-PAL)
Crosman P1377 & P1322