Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:47 am 

Hi everyone !

So my 'arsenal' (lol) consists of a mix between airsoft and pellet guns. I'm looking for a forested area around Montreal where I can practice in my kit, rolling around, shooting, practicing drills with my friends etc..

Does anybody know of abandoned open fields or forests in or very near Montreal where I can pull of such a thing ? National parks are a nono, not allowed to carry anything even if it's <500fps so it has to be a totally abandoned area nobody would care about.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:20 am 

There isn't much public land around Montreal... It's either buy your own, ask a farmer, or drive a few hours...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:37 am 

sillymike wrote:
There isn't much public land around Montreal... It's either buy your own, ask a farmer, or drive a few hours...

Well I mean I wouldn't mind driving for a couple of hours but again where ? Is there really and public land that you're allowed to step into and just mess around for a bit ? Fyi my ammo's bio-degradable and lead-free. Also I'm not into hurting animals, I just want a place I can practice in peace outdoors, just making that clear because you never know.

As for ask a farmer, well I wouldn't mind paying the guy to rent a little patch of his land for a couple of hours... but really ? That works ? I feel like they'll tell me to go to hell lol or where you joking :P

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:18 pm 

https://appli.mern.gouv.qc.ca/infolot/

- Aux Quatre Points Cardinaux, in Montreal
They most likely have maps available, highlighting crown land.

As for the farmers, never did it for shooting paintballs. But did it plenty of time to go hunting.
- Be nice, be courteous, be honest (if you tell them it's for you and you show up with 10 buddies, who will later show up with 10 more... they won't like it)
- Respect their decision
- It's Ok to give them a little something in exchange. When I was a teen, I'd fix fences or help paint something. Later on in life, I'd share some of the games I'd got.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:07 pm 

To get to a place to shoot, it's 3hr drive back and forth but very quiet place. Wished it was closer, still looking... :?

Glock G17 6mm
SW M'n'P 40, Crosman 357 6'', SA 1911 TRS
Brodax 44, M1911A1 twin barrel 6mm.
M1911 Dragon 7'' Hi-Capa6mm, M1911 twin Hi-Capa
H'n'K USP. DT4 Nemesis 6mm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:10 pm 

silentman wrote:
To get to a place to shoot, it's 3hr drive back and forth but very quiet place. Wished it was closer, still looking... :?

Share :P I can make it into a roadtrip or make some camping out of it. What are the coordinates ?

I just sent a request to this place near Sutton. Waiting to see what they're going to say if it qualifies as crown land if it does I'll share it with the rest of us. 1hr34min from Montreal. Not bad.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:16 pm 

Hi everyone !

So I found a place. Spoke to them directly and confirmed, once you get your campsite they assign you an area. You can use both airsoft and pellet no problem. Here's their official response:

"
Hi,

Our rustic campsites are indeed our most basic campsites.

Low velocity firearms are permitted in designated areas that we will assign to you depending on
where you will choose to camp. They are not allowed on a camping site for security purposes.

Once you have finalized your camping reservation, please send us the details so we can add a note
on your access right with the details of the autorization.

Thank you and all the best,
"

and here's the link:

http://www.sepaq.com/rf/rom/information.dot

1hr30min from downtown Montreal

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:49 pm 

Oh and for those in Montreal, I've been going to this place to zero my guns:

http://www.crafm.com/

25$ for the whole day, they don't mind airsoft/pellets I've gotten to know the staff. In fact they even help you zero your stuff if you let them shoot your guns lol. They're super friendly, I'm actually going to use them for my gun license.

I think it goes up to 50 yards. Rifle + Gun bays

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:26 am 

If you are located North of Montreal or if you don't mind driving an hour on hignway 15 to Ste-Agathe, the shooting range there is open to air rifles (on the 25 yards range). The membership is only $40 per year (+$5 each time you go). You probably need a PAL to become a member though.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:47 pm 

I think your best bet would be to find an airsoft field, you could roll around and practice your drills with your airsoft at least.

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:14 am 

I would be very carefull about it anywhere on the south shore.
l personaly live there and got arrested once for bow hunting after somebody called
the police complaining about: "gun shots". So common sense does not always prevail.

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:07 pm 

zazu45 wrote:
I would be very carefull about it anywhere on the south shore.
l personaly live there and got arrested once for bow hunting after somebody called
the police complaining about: "gun shots". So common sense does not always prevail.

There's a few archery ranges around we I live (on the South shore too). There's one in Boucherville, a private one in St-Hubert, one in Ste-Julie. Where are you from?

You can’t buy a single airgun for everything. Golfers use many different clubs, airgunners need more than one gun

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:35 pm 

You could always move to Canada. Nothing but wide open spaces of crown land around here. 10 minutes from home, I am hunting for whitetail deer and moose. The other direction, have to drive for 15-20 minutes to find the same freedoms.

I do not understand why someone who loves shooting would live in a city. I loved shooting, so I joined the RCMP- when I left there, I moved to Smithers, then PG and went to work for 20 years in Corrections, then further North to Mackenzie as a Forest Officer. Never out of the bush - always able to shoot and hunt. We all make our choices in this world, but too few, perhaps take the time to think things out for their hobbies - the MOST important part of living. What we do to relieve stress is MOST important. Some of us need further help because of past experiences. That's life.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:17 am 

Good point Daryl! Only sometimes you have to consider your other family members and make compromises. However I think you're right, too many of us just accept being unhappy where we're at without daring to think out of the box and dare to do something to make things better. I know I sure don't want to be stuck in town any longer than I have to with nowhere to shoot! Going crazy all ready, time to find some place with space!

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk