Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Post subject: Moly Lube
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:34 pm 

I've read lots about people using moly lube on their airguns and I'd like to know if there is any particular brand/type that is more suited to airgun use.

Also, where on the airgun should you apply it? I'm thinking on the spring, but is there anywhere else that would benefit from it?

And where is the best place to buy it?

Thanks

Johnny

Post subject: Re: Moly Lube
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:41 pm 

I've seen time and again, Honda Moly lube listed here, with some number as in 65 or 75 along with the name.
I have some Birchwood Casey brand of Moly grease in a white plastic tub - very heavy and thick, probably work just fine, however when I get around to the model 98 HW spring and seal replacement, I'll likely use the lube they provided in the kit.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:50 pm 

Yeah, I've seen the Honda lube mentioned a lot too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:36 pm 

I use Air Venturi Moly Paste. Small jar lasts forever. I got it from Scopes and Ammo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:02 pm 

The name Moly lube is a bit imprecise as you need to read what the molybdenum disulphide content is. Honda lube is 60% -pretty high. It sticks, and like graphite, is persistent in sticking on to everything. Use sparingly on the contact points and wipe the excess off. I've only used it where metal contacts metal.