Canadian Airgun Forum

The #1 Community for Airguns in Canada!
It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours


The Canadian Airgun Forums are a place for people to discuss and learn about airguns and the airgunning sport in Canada. There are lots of discussions about airguns, airgun accessories, reviews, modification and repair information, airgun events, field target and free classifieds!

 

You need to register before you can post: click the register link to proceed. Before you register, please read the forum rules. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own pictures, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free! To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.








Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
Went to Canadian tire. Came home with U bolts and a cheap hockey stick.

Thanks Pump Stix for the idea.

Image

I gotta finish building my bench. That I'm going to mount it on. Also trim the bolts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Eastern Townships
I saw some interesting ideas on YT too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vg_4KqMbk8

If I had a PCP that would be something I'd dig for sure, well maybe a system with pulleys and strap, but I find your idea interesting too, will follow this topic. I started to hear the call of the shadows... :shock:

:D


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
airmec wrote:
I saw some interesting ideas on YT too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vg_4KqMbk8

If I had a PCP that would be something I'd dig for sure, well maybe a system with pulleys and strap, but I find your idea interesting too, will follow this topic. I started to hear the call of the shadows... :shock:

:D


Yeah I wanted to make the electric motor. But theyre like 300$ to find one that would work. Another option is 1/2 HP motor and pulleys but then again cost you like 300$ in parts. So not sure what method I plan.

Also I'm boosting my G6 so hopefully cuts down on the number of pumps required.

I might end up going with a SCBA tank.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:53 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Eastern Townships
Hmm, being a small engine mechanic, I was also thinking about a gas-powered version, 2 to 3.5 hp no more. A muffler to make it real quiet would be easy to make, and it'd be easily portable. Also pulleys are readily available for the crankshaft. Well, lots of possibilities..., thinking, thinking!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:09 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
airmec wrote:
Hmm, being a small engine mechanic, I was also thinking about a gas-powered version, 2 to 3.5 hp no more. A muffler to make it real quiet would be easy to make, and it'd be easily portable. Also pulleys are readily available for the crankshaft. Well, lots of possibilities..., thinking, thinking!


Problem is not burning out the pump by pumping sooo fast. But to get 16" pulleys is like 60$. but then again the older lawn tractors got pretty big pulleys on it.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:46 am
Posts: 4116
those pumps are not made for really fast pumping
you will burn the seals and who knows what ells you will damage

this is a really nice deal if you need a compressor....
I thing someone told the guy his price was to low cuz he jacked it up it was $350 before
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-paintball/ottawa ... nFlag=true

_________________
"A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle"

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu May 07, 2015 8:30 pm
Posts: 1184
Location: Eastern Townships
Getting an old snow thrower without an engine for well under 100$ is rather easy, and you'd have all the pulleys, linkage, etc, maybe only some straps to buy. The final drive for the auger is spinning rather slowly, it could be adapted to run the pump. Heck, you'd even have a self propelled compressor :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Manitoba
Good idea with the stick, I am lazy so I built this with a $100 gearbox from Princess Auto. Been using it for over a year now with no problems.


Attachments:
P1000085 (476x635).jpg
P1000085 (476x635).jpg [ 197.42 KiB | Viewed 1074 times ]
Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm
Posts: 141
Location: S-E New Brunswick forest
robertr wrote:
Good idea with the stick, I am lazy so I built this with a $100 gearbox from Princess Auto. Been using it for over a year now with no problems.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 6:49 pm
Posts: 141
Location: S-E New Brunswick forest
Take two[emoji15]. Great design Robert. Simple and well thought out


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
robertr wrote:
Good idea with the stick, I am lazy so I built this with a $100 gearbox from Princess Auto. Been using it for over a year now with no problems.


Mind giving me the specs. on the pulleys used, gear box and power of the electric motor?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Manitoba
Sure, I will get that info for you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Manitoba
Motor = I have a 1hp, 1725rpm motor mounted, originally had a 1/3hp motor mounted but was a bit to weak so I put on what I had availiable, the 1hp. I imagine a 3/4 or even a 1/2hp would work. I needed the extra power to pump to 250 bar, 232bar for my Scorpion SE.
Pulleys = Pulley on the motor is 4.25" diameter, Pulley on the gearbox is 6.5" diameter
Gearbox = Purchased at Princess Auto on sale for $110ish. WPS70, series 70, 30:1 ratio.
This gives me 38 strokes per minute, will refill a marauder in about 3 minutes and my Scorpion under 3 minutes.
Any more info you need, just ask.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:27 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 7:23 am
Posts: 2778
Location: Somewheres near the Atlantic
robertr wrote:
Motor = I have a 1hp, 1725rpm motor mounted, originally had a 1/3hp motor mounted but was a bit to weak so I put on what I had availiable, the 1hp. I imagine a 3/4 or even a 1/2hp would work. I needed the extra power to pump to 250 bar, 232bar for my Scorpion SE.
Pulleys = Pulley on the motor is 4.25" diameter, Pulley on the gearbox is 6.5" diameter
Gearbox = Purchased at Princess Auto on sale for $110ish. WPS70, series 70, 30:1 ratio.
This gives me 38 strokes per minute, will refill a marauder in about 3 minutes and my Scorpion under 3 minutes.
Any more info you need, just ask.


Much thanks.

If I can only get a 1 HP motor that spins at 1450 HP, I would need to use a smaller gearbox pulley?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:02 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:14 pm
Posts: 305
Location: Manitoba
Yes, or larger motor pulley.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
News News Site map Site map SitemapIndex SitemapIndex RSS Feed RSS Feed Channel list Channel list

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

phpBB SEO